How to fix wide screen resolution on a Dell Monitor?

I have a wide screen Dell monitor, and I seriously don't like the current resolution of it. Everything is just so wide. Especially my pictures and the format of everything. Is there anything I can do to get a normal resolution like it would be on normal monitors?

Favorite Answer

whats, normal resolution?

so yer saying you dont like the wide-ness?

go to your bare desktop...and right click..

if using xp choose properties..then settings change res. from there

if using win 7 right click and select resolution

• shiner

Dell Monitor Resolution

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): fix wide screen resolution dell monitor: https://tr.im/UA88V

This depends on two things: your monitor's native resolution and the ability of your video card to display that resolution.

Find the model of your monitor and google it to find the native resolution. Then try to change your resolution to the appropriate resolution in Windows. As an example, a 19" Widescreen is usually 1440x900 resolution, and a high definition (1080p) monitor is 1920x1080.