Gays Have Little To No Professionalism?

I work in a very serious and professional place where only college educated people are allowed to work(im being general for my own security)

First off I want to say that I have nothing against Gays and don't care what they do but there is this very consistent fact with the few gay men that I work with where they literally take no pride in there work, they complain about doing the smallest things if it means taking them out of their normal daily coasting, and they are always getting into little hissy fits with each other. These fights are so degraded and wimpy that even the bosses don't know how to respond because they seem to want to be treated like children.

They constantly talk about their personal lives and instead of doing a good job they take up time discussing the next time they are going to go out and get drunk or try to meet another man.

My question is why do so many gays seem to be unable to just GROW UP? Can they really continue to argue that they are just like everyone else when their brains function in such a childish way. They need help not the ability to adopt children and further this social problem.

please respond constructively. Im not trying to pick a fight with the gay community but I am not going to pretend that this kind of behavior and attitude is acceptable in a workplace either.

Thank You all for your responses.

Looking at this a bit further from what people have said. I am not trying to say that the hetero people at work are better or innocent but what I am getting at here is that the gay men supplement their duties and assigned workload for doing these things. The straight people I work with certainly talk about similar personal things but not before they get the job done and not when it is inconvenient for others.

Also, I see the hetero co-workers working out problems as college educated adults should with confident and non-demeaning discussions and intelligent mature problem solving of the issues.

My gay counterparts literally just start calling each other names like stupid and Idiot. These are 30 and 40 year old men using the communication skills of a 5 year old.

Its troubling

• Josh
    Favorite Answer

I think your experience with gay people and mine are very different

I don't know if you've ever heard a 5 year old speak, but it's not quite as complex as that. I honestly think what you need to do is get off this odd little pedestal you have, It's great that you work at a "Serious" and "Professional" place, but apparently that doesn't excuse you from generalizing.

What you need to understand is you can't write something like this and submit it to a public website, and then say 'I'm not trying to pick a fight with the gay community", because that's exactly what you're doing. I mean you can paint it any color and it's still rude and it's still gonna get a reaction out of people, I call troll or for irony purposes, an idiot.

These people are everywhere in every race, gender and orientation. It might just be that these men are like that but it doesn't mean that all gays are like that. And I agree with the other posts. At work guys tend to talk a lot about their wives and children and whatnot . Why is it ok for them to do it but a gay person's relationships are seen as annoying to you?

If it was such a bad problem like you said with the bosses not knowing what to do then these men would have been fired already. Apparently it can't be as bad as you claim because they are still working at this place and the bosses have seen the way they act choosing to do nothing about it.

I'm gay and My dad always tells me I'm growing up way too fast (I'm 14). I agree that that is not really a good attitude to have in a workplace environment. NOT all gays are immature, in fact I think that most of us have to grow up faster in order to deal with the amount of bull crap thrown our way so we can deal with it. Instead of hiding behind mommy like we did when we were three. We ARE just like everyone else, we love, we hurt, we have our own thoughts and opinions. And we can be childish sometimes but we also have the ability to be serious.

• geimer

i'm bi and contained in the military. I surely were contained in the protection force for 7 years and some human beings recognize i'm bi and some do not. he will be effective a lot of homosexuals have executed quite properly contained in the protection force some have even made it as intense as Admiral or commonly used the purely confusing section for him will be holding his personal existence on the down low and in some sence residing a lie notwithstanding it heavily isn't an difficulty in guidance and once he receives to a unit he will makes acquaintances and finally they are going to locate out yet as long as he's carefull who he shall we into his personal circle he will be effective. i does not situation about it too a lot.

Dude, we are not your Human Resource Center. Talk to the people who can fix unacceptable behavior in a workplace, cuz the humble answerers on Yahoo! Answers can't do anything about it.

And if you're unwilling to report employees who are making the workplace hostile or less than efficient- gay or otherwise- then you're part of the problem, so keep your gripes to yourself.

I believe that somewhere you have overlooked a LOT of your Heterosexual workers ....

I've hear MANY of them standing around talking about their dates from the week end before or what they were going to do on the upcoming dates .....

I've heard MANY guys talking about who banged who from a secretarial pool etc ....

You may just THINK it is the "gays" BUT EVERYONE talks about their lovelife , for the most part IF they have one .... so don't get too worked up about it ... as long as they get their JOBS completed .

• Jack S

Just popped in to say that I really like your question and how you worded it, it sounds intelligent, something rare around here.

Anyway, I don't have much of an opinion on the subject.

• Lucero

so why are you complaining here? This isn't the Human Resources Center.

Most men where I work at have no professionalism (and they're straight) all they talk about women, sex, party etc.

You seriously need to rethink that because I do nothing but stocking and cleaning where I work and I don't whine and complain about doing anything. Not all of us are unprofessional. don't put all of us in that little box of yours.