how to create POINTILLISM art on photoshop?

hiiii...

is there any way I could create pointillism art on my computer?

such as using any kind of filters on photoshop or anything else...

thank you..

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure!

There are lots of ways, and lots of filters, some that come with PS, and some that are available from third party vendors.

Here is one.

1. Open your image, select the layer, and tap Command J (ctrl J on a PC) that copies the image onto a new layer. This keeps a pristine copy of the image, which is always a good thing. The general rule of thumb is non-destructive editing!

2. In the color swatches at the bottom of the toolbar, set the background swatch to whatever you want for your canvas color (white, black, tan, etc.)

3. With the new layer selected, go to Filter > Pixelate > Pointillize. Set the cell size to whatever you want. When you like the effect, click OK.

If you run the filter multiple times, you can get very interesting effects, that mimic a brush loaded with more (or less) paint.

You might also want to experiment with using a different blend mode on the layer that's been pointillized. For instance, try switching to Hard Light, Overlay, or Luminosity.

Or try using a slight motion blur (Filter > Blur > Motion Blur) to make the points less round. Have fun with it!

Source(s): 20 years experience with PS
  • 4 years ago

As the previous person said, the art is in you. You can't make art just by getting a program. You need to practice and work on your own artistic abilities. The software and the computer are only tools. One of the best things to do is to work with basic tools first: pencil and paper for example. Do a lot of sketching. If you don't have the skills the computer and software will not help you. I use Photoshop and Illustrator, I sketch ideas with pencil on paper, scan the sketches in and then work from there. Sometimes I do a lot of sketches and don't scan, but work directly in Photoshop or Illustrator. Some people who produce "digital art" use a combination of Photoshop and Corel Painter (which was originally from another company that Corel bought, just like Adobe bought Macromedia). The idea behind Painter is that it more closely mimics real media, i.e. real brushes, oil paints, canvas etc. But Photoshop also does this to some extent. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If you should be a novice pad picture artist striving to perfect your craft and you are feeling caught at exactly the same mediocre skill level despite hours and hours of exercise then you require this ideal guide Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery from here https://tr.im/9BPai to help you move forward.

Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery is a detailed manual in the home-study program, a truly helpful manual because it isn't merely another pencil symbol pulling manual that you commonly see online.

A lot of the other pen symbol pulling eBook s and programs that could be discovered online has wonderful completed pictures with a lot of descriptions with the hope of you being able to learn from such way. But, Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery is a step-by-step tutorial because is the better and most effective way of understanding, rather than determining just how to bring each part based on the research done picture.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Try Photoshop Artistic Halftone plug-in

http://www.pixeology.com/ArtisticHalftone/photosho...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Here http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=426 you can find a good course about photoediting and photoretouching with photoshop.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.