poll what goes best with oysters on the half shell?

i love them

A dash of Tabasco, a little lime, cocktail sauce with horseradish...and

Ice-cold Coronas!

• More often than not what goes best with oysters on the half shell depends upon who is up for desert!

Oyster jokes http://blog.plover.com/humor/

Last week I heard a pathetically bad joke about oysters. Here it is:

What did the girl oyster say to the boy oyster?

"You never open up to me."

Well, the world is full of dumb jokes, so why am I wasting your time with this one? Because I think it should be possible, perhaps even easy, to do much better. Sex jokes, even old, tired sex jokes, are a lot funnier than relationship jokes, particularly relationship jokes as old and as tired as this one. The implied sexism only makes it that much more tiresome. And really, whatever humor there is is barely more than a pun.

But it seems to me that there is a lot of unexploited material to be gotten from oysters.

For example, oysters, considered as food, are famous for their aphrodisiac properties. It ought to be possible to do something with that. What do the boy and the girl oyster use as aphrodisiacs? Does it involve oyster cannibalism? So much the better. Can the aphrodisiac cannibalism be tied to oral sex somehow? Better still. How could a joke about oyster cunnilingus fail to be hilarious?

Moreover, oysters are hermaphrodites. Surely there is some farcical oyster humor available from the fact that the boy and the girl oysters might in fact be the same individual. Now we have oyster autofellatial autocannibalism. It's both dirty and disgusting!

I was not able to come up with any oyster jokes, however, and a quick web search turned up nothing of value. Really nothing. Don't waste your time. I found one joke that was introduced with "Jennifer sent in this great oyster joke..." and then the joke wasn't even about oysters; it was about the ingestion of testicles. And I had heard it before.

I think there's a small gap in the world just the size and shape of a good oyster-themed joke. Don't you? Here is your big chance to make up a joke that nobody has ever heard before. Please send me your oyster jokes.

**************************

ME!

Myself I would say six hours of fantastic sex...

.

• titou

A glass or two of very dry French Sauvignon Blanc. No reason to gild the lily -- with fancy wine, or PLEASE: sauces or other stuff. OK, a little lemon if you must. But beyond that it's like sex-toys: in the end, just a distraction.

And by the way: contrary to mythology, biggest is not always best for either sex OR oysters. I like the little sea-teal colored "Marennes" best, say, Number 2 or 3.

• poppy1

Hi Debby,

I haven had Oysters for a long time..But when I do eat them,I mix Ketchup,little of Franks hot sauce,and some fresh lemon juice,and mix them all together,and WOW!!! What a taste..Yummy!!! Lol..

Your Friend,

poppy1

Source(s): Little1

I love them too..I put just a dap of hot sauce on mine

I can eat a dozen my self.YUM YUM

You have great taste in food.

Redcorn no know as me've never haddy them... but me would say since Poca go good with everything in me life, I will say Pocahontas!

Poll: Hot Sauce!!

:-)

The other half of the shell.

• Claire

I love clams, mussels, and shrimps. All kinds of seafood

• The other half?