Is the Wireless-N USB Adapter with Dual-Band WUSB600N compatible with the Xbox 360 for Xbox Live?

I bought the Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter WUSB600N from walmart, but haven't opened it yet. I was wondering if it would work for my Xbox 360 by hooking it up in its USB Port to connect to Xbox Live without installing any software for it. Is it possible?

Last answer is only partly correct. NO, you can't use a usb adapter to connect your 360 to your router but you DON'T need to buy the official adapter either. My 360 is wireless and I use a wireless bridge also known as ethernet bridge or gaming adapter. Mine is a belkin F5D7330uk, that's the uk version. I got mine from ebay for about £25.00 and if you can configure your router ok you will be able to do the adapter as well. Just don't try to configure it wirelessly. Best way is connect it direct to your pc or router to configure it first. Have a look on ebay for the adapter as they seem to be about twice as much in the states compared to here in the uk. It doesn't have to be a belkin, any make should do and if you buy the belkin and need a hand to configure it, drop me an email.

No, it's not possible

Xbox 360 only works with the official Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter