I am not a muslim, but i am so fed up of hearin only negative things about islam in the media.?

the west (where i am born and raised) just arent taking the time to see the true meaning of islam, all we ever hear about in the news is about the islamic terrorists, and then everyone goes crazy associating all muslims with this, like i said in the beggining i am not muslim, i dont actually follow any religion,... show more the west (where i am born and raised) just arent taking the time to see the true meaning of islam, all we ever hear about in the news is about the islamic terrorists, and then everyone goes crazy associating all muslims with this, like i said in the beggining i am not muslim, i dont actually follow any religion, but i have taken to the time to understand islam which is why i realise the truth that these terrorists arent true muslims because ther is no place in the quran for the murder of innocent people and suicide, a true muslim knows this. How come they dont put the good things about muslims in the media? like how really true muslims are good people, this is what annoys me, they are only interested in portrying islam as being bad, which just isnt true. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how i can go about gettin my opinion out there, because as a non muslim i feel that if other westerners could just take the time to do what i have done and understand islam (in no way am i saying they should believe or follow islam just understand) then i think that ther would be a much better perspective on islam and people can stop being so iggnorant towards the religion. When a muslim gives their opinion on islam people dont seem to listen because of the fact that the person is a follower of the religion, im just thinking maybe if i can show that myself as a non-muslim has realised what islam is really about people might actually listen, i just dont know how to do this.

Thanks x