How do I fix PS3 LCD TV Lag / Slow Response to Button Action?

I recently purchased a Insignia 46" Advanced Series LCD HDTV with 1080p, 120 Hz and 6.5ms. I have hooked up my PS 3 with a HDMI cable to the TV. I attempted to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 but was unable to due to the lag on the screen. Looking in the PS 3 manual it states that "The response speed may be slow on an LCD display or PC display. This is not a malfunction." I attempted to play other games with the same problem. I though I bought a TV with good specs, why am I experiencing the lag or slow response to button operation. Does anyone know or have any ideas on how to fix or improve it? Can I change settings on the PS 3 or TV?

Thanks for the help, all I want is to be able to play MW2 on the new TV!!

P.S. - I tried the trick of switching the PS 3 to "PC" mode with no help.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dude, I have the exact same TV I got about a week ago. I have my PS3 hooked up with an HDMI cable too. After searching the internet(including finding your question) I didn't find any fixes. I called Insignia customer service and they totally fixed it. I felt it was my duty to help you out too.

This is what you do:

Press "Menu" on your remote

The first thing that pops up is the Picture Menu

Go down to "Advanced Video" and click on it

Then go down to "DCM" and click on it

Turn it to "Off"

You may have to do this everytime you play a game, I dont know.

But it will for sure fix your problem.

• favela
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Insignia 46 Lcd

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its one of 2 things.

1 ] You may need to update the firmware on your TV. You can do this by Cat5e/Cat6 connection or via flash-drive

*How to tell if this is the issue. - Have a steady signal/picture while lagging.

2 ] You may need to change(Drop) the resolution on your TV.

*How to tell if this is the issue. - The signal/picture will flicker periodically while lagging.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The first thing to do to speed up pc and get rid of malwares and viruses is cleaning the registry with a program like CCLeaner http://j.mp/UrAHbv

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Picture mode to game mode if equipped and turn the auto motion/refresh rate off.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.