Natasha asked in HealthMental Health · 10 years ago

i tried to tell my parents im depressed & suicidal but i couldn't .help?

I tried to tell my parents two days ago that i am suicidal and depressed

i went into there room , i looked at them both & i just couldnt say anything

it was to difficult , please HELP

• ?

You have to. It's that simple. They can get you help. They WANT to get you help. Call a suicide hotline, NOW. Depression is a serious disease, but it passes. Too many teens have ended their lives for something that can be cured with meds and therapy. Talk to a teacher or school counselor you trust. Take the step to make the change happen in your life.

The best thing about your post is that you know whats wrong and as GI-Joe puts it, knowing is half the battle. Since you have already voice this issue to your parents , maybe its time you went to an outside source for help. There are tons of places you can go. Try a campus counselor. Believe it or not, they are there for more than just advice on what class you can take. The good thing is, you are asking for advice from the general public on this issue, so that means you actually WANT help. Many depressed people dont even ask for help and then something terrible happens. I have chronic depression issues an there are drugs that can help. Paxil was a big help for me. Try to talk to your parents again and if that doesnt work a counselor at your school is the best bet. Good luck...

• ?

A quiz is at http://psychcentral.com/depquiz.htm

Print the completed quiz, and the suicide hotlines at http://your-mental-health.8m.com/blank_3.html and put in an envelope addressed to them, and slip it under their door, late at night, or put it in the mailbox.

Alternatively, take the quiz to your school counselor/psychologist, or make an excuse to see a doctor.

I recently saw a TV program about a girl who tried to cope on her own; she later suicided.

If you had a severe pain in your abdomen, you would seek help; so it should be with depression, which affects around 10% of the population.

View the relevant posts on pages 3, and B, at 8m.com about teen, regular depression, and S.A.D. Use the teen resources on page 2, depression chat sites and forums, or suicide hotlines, when needed.

I agree with the above. Write a letter! or you could ask a friend or even a school counsellor to tell them for you.

Maybe try writing it down in sort of a letter format and letting them read it? No matter how you try to tell them, it wont be easy, but its worth telling them

something that may help... write down how you feel and leave it on there pillow? talking to one parent at a time can also help because you dont feel out numbered. good luck be safe and dont do anything that would hurt those who love you :(

• Adair

Write them a letter. This will let you organize your thoughts, give you distance from them, say what you have to uninterrupted and hopefully let you get everything out.

How about just telling one parent? I found it easier to just tell my Mum. She told Dad and he came to talk to me about it. Because Dad started the conversation, I was able to tell him.

Tell them right now. The more you hold it in, the more you will feel worse. Tel.l them and they will help you.

write it all out in a letter and leave in their room to read