What are your opinions on vaccination?

My little boy is two months old. I was supposed to take him to the doctors for his first Hib shot but I didn't. I will do it tomorrow morning but I keep on reading about how dangerous some of the additives in these shots are that is scarring the hell out of me. Also all these sky rocketing cases of allergies... show more My little boy is two months old. I was supposed to take him to the doctors for his first Hib shot but I didn't. I will do it tomorrow morning but I keep on reading about how dangerous some of the additives in these shots are that is scarring the hell out of me. Also all these sky rocketing cases of allergies and autism that a lot of parents contribute to the shots gets me really worried.

Do you think they might do more harm? Do you think that it could possibly be the big pharmaceutical corporations that don't let the research that shows problems with certain shots to come out there? Are we being to naive listening to our doctors and governments?

I mean my little boy got a Hepatitis B vaccine the night he was born as well as one for tuberculosis. Don't you think that is a little excessive for an hour old newborn to have viruses injected into his blood stream together with God knows what other metals these vaccines contain?!!

The more I read upon it, the more I flip out and by mentioning my concerns to doctors I get crucified right away for even doing the research! I do understand that immunization is very important for human kind so are the medical community, governments and pharmaceuticals sacrificing certain percentage of our children for the greater good?!

Plus from what I have read - there is always a less harmful substitute for the standard vaccines and it depends on the manufacturer - but how do I get that version of the vaccine when the ministry of health is the one ordering the vaccines no one asks the parents which one they want their child to receive! (I am not from the US but most of the papers and studies I read, come from the US)
Update: He was given HepB at birth because that is the schedule they have here: HepB three doses 1. birth; 2, at one month old and 3 at six months!

The schedules and the vaccines differ greatly from country to country.