Dell Inspiron 530 - 4 Beeps on startup?

When I start up my computer, there is no video, the fans rev up to max and there are 4 short beeps that repeat every few seconds. Sometimes when I boot it up, the fans go to max, there is no video but there are no beeps, and I just have to hold the power button down to turn it off. Other times it will get to... show more When I start up my computer, there is no video, the fans rev up to max and there are 4 short beeps that repeat every few seconds.

Sometimes when I boot it up, the fans go to max, there is no video but there are no beeps, and I just have to hold the power button down to turn it off.

Other times it will get to the boot screen (where you can enter the bios settings and boot options) and it will get stuck halfway along the loading bar.

I tried removing the video card (Nvidia 8600GT) and plugging he monitor into the motherboard integrated graphics. It got to the bios screen but there were thick blue lines down the screen and it froze there.

It seems to me like a motherboard problem... do you have any suggestions/other alternatives that the problem could be?

Thanks,

Harry

Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.0Ghz
Foxconn G33M02 Motherboard
4GB RAM
Nvidia 8600GT
Win 7 Ultimate 64