Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

With Britain on its way to becoming the most atheistic country I'm getting more pride to be British...who else?

I'm from Scotland (to any American idiots on here- Scotland is part of Britain) and after hearing we're now becoming the most atheistic country I have a new sense of pride. Any other Brits with me- we're pretty much the least deluded country??

• idiot5

agreed....i thought we were becoming a muslim country tho

I would hope you would take pride in something more significant , like your charming personality, charm and wit or your willingness to help a friend in need.

My family are originally from England but we never mention it . A UNITED Nations report has labeled Scotland the most violent country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to be assaulted than in America.

England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest.

Source(s): http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article56... This makes me glad to be called 'Stupid."

WOOT! BRITAIN FTW!

I didn't know we were becoming Atheist... i'm already atheist, but I was unaware the rest of the country was waking up as well.

Thank you for this revelation. I now have hope for the future, if a country that has waged as much war in the name of religion as we have can suddenly become Atheist. Now we just need the Americans to change their "In God We Trust" thing, and we can get some things done around here.

• lavell

ordinary, is this no longer the comparable great Britain that gave upward push to the 'Puritan flow' (at the back of Cromwell) and different such contradictions of nature? How antiquity brings forth irony. it quite is sturdy stuff.

I'm a Atheist to I'm from England (that's Britain to for u American dummies)

Research shows Britain is also the angriest place in Europe as well as having the most violent youth in Europe. Any connection?

• ALIENS

Cool for Britain. We all could have done without the derogatory remark about Americans though.

Me too. well im from the US but i could go over to Britain and you could sodomize me and live in a perfect atheistic country

Source(s): Hapenis

erm nope i don't have false pride about statistics - im English to but i was born a catholic and i will remain a catholic. and your not deluded for having a strong faith its a matter of what you believe.

At least one country has their heads out of their own a$s, unlike America. Its also a raising trend in a lot of European countries like France, Germany, Netherlands etc...

You are so lucky, i hope ireland follows suit especially after the ryan and murphy report on abuse, because people still associate us with f*kin religion! Especially the USA!

Source(s): Irish atheist and damn proud of it!