Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Great Britain is becoming the fastest atheistic country in the world?

Read it in a newspaper this morning. It's already the least atheistic in Europe and soon heading to be the world's. The source said that it's alot to do with teenagers liking to think for themselves here in the UK ETC- I can't tell you the validity of this source but it also suggests this could be due to kids being embarrassed of believing in a God.

How do Christians see this? Do you think if British kids were embarrassed by having a faith God would "guide" them? I'm just interested in hearing peoples' opinions on this

Update:

Mistake- meant already the MOST atheistic in Europe

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Hiway
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Best answer

Are they going to show up to the NFL combine? I think many teams need some fast players.

• 10 years ago

Odd, is this not the same Great Britain that gave rise to the 'Puritan movement' (Behind Cromwell) and other such contradictions of nature? How antiquity brings forth irony. That's good stuff.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

You contradicted yourself. You said it was fastest growing, but stated in the description that it was the least Atheistic in Europe......

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I thought Sweden was the most secular country in the world.

But if this is happening, it's good news!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I'd say japan is currently the most atheistic country in the world.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i believe,that's why another newspaper reported that 25% of mothers are single parents and 50% of them have never lived with a man,society here accepts this and ignores it,morals disappear where there is no religion

• 10 years ago

I'm glad not to be there.

We think for ourselves here on the USA. I feel sorry for the kids there if they are embarrassed to believe in God. how sad that they are so insecure~!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

it is atheistic but look at the mess we are in! crime on the streets, greedy bankers, yobs running around, cr*p government, loss of community, closing pubs.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I guess those bus ads worked. You know the ones that said, Relax there is no god. Enjoy life.

• 10 years ago

soon the British people are heading to be the world's most suicidal citizens

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.