on a blind, first date, should the guy bring flowers?

I meet her on the internet, been chatting for about a week and we are meeting for coffee tomorrow. Just a quick meet, nothing major just to see if we would maybe want another date. My question is, should I bring flowers or something? it doesnt seem right cause its such a casual thing tomorrow. thoughts?

Thanks for answering everybody. Im gonna go with no flowers this time and hope i get a chance on a 2nd date to bring them :) thanks again.

If it's just a first date, I would say not to. It might show that you are too eager to buy her gifts. That might give her expectations, if she turns out to be with you for material things. Then there is the possibility that she would be the type to not like flowers.

I'd wait for a second or third date to give flowers. Simply buy her a coffee. That will be plenty good enough.

Good question. I know the feeling myself and I asked myself the exact same question. OK, I'm not an expert on love and all that it implies, but I will tell you some common sense tools. First and foremost, hygiene/cleanliness. My mom tells me all the time to wash and be clean (because, like most of us teens, our bodies smell the worst in our lives) so I can look decent. If you have the same problem, find a good anti-perspirant/deodorant or either one separately. Anti-perspirant means that it will fight and/or block any sweat (or perspiration, hence the name) that comes from the armpits. Deodorant basically takes away the odor. I suggest getting Sure, Mitchum or Degree due to the high level of Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex (which is the active ingredient in these products, encompassing around 15-20% of the product, which is what you need for the problem of body odor). Second, the age issue. You're 15 and the girl could be older (which is no problem unless she has some issues). Don't let age be a stumbler in any sort of date. Third, topics. I would suggest asking the girl what she wants to talk about. Women feel more respected when they are listened to (I know, most of my life and in my family are women). If she has nothing to say, then you bring up something. Fourth, how you should bring it up is to do it in a nice but respectful manner. Don't be too serious or too nervous; women can almost always sense this. Fifth, where you should go to is to a nice restaurant. First, before you go to any place, ask her what food she likes. If it matches your food preferences, then ok. If not, then at least you could try out something new. Don't EVER do two things: go to a place YOU like and automatically assume that she likes it and don't take her to a fast-food joint (i.e. McDonald's), unless she likes fast food. When you go, you should dress formal or formal/casual. I find that going straight casual kind of ruins a date, but maybe that's just me. It could do it fo you. Hopefully, with luck and time, the girl might want you to be her boyfriend. Now here's a catch: NEVER, EVER assume that just because she accepts you as a b/f that you can have sex with her. Many a boy (and girl) do that and end up being parents at a young age. It may sound absurd, but I'm warning you now as a precaution. I hope my tips help you. These are really just simple tips mixed in with my own experiences (which are few and far between, but are there just the same). I hope that whoever you'll be with stays with you a long time. God Bless!

If you really want to give her flowers I would give her a single rose rather than a big bouquet. I don't think flowers are required really though. As you said this date is quite casual so just pay for her coffee and I'm sure she'll be happy. If you have a second date, then do the flowers :)

I have been down this road before, same exact scenario. I suggest no flowers. Keep it simple. If you two see sparks over coffee, there is nothing wrong with asking her out to dinner later that evening. That's when I would bring the flowers.

Source(s): Life Experience

I wouldn't on this date, because it's not even really a date, like you said, just a getting to know the real you situation. It would make you seem desperate and like you're trying too hard. If this one goes well, I would definitely bring a single rose to the next date.

Why are you gonna bring her flowers? You think that she will say "Oh wow, I love flowers! Let me take of my clothes for you now?"

Don't do it man. Typical nice guy behavior that turns girls off. What has she done to deserve such an act of kindness from you? Make her earn it.

i say no. just bring yourself and your good manners. flowers are great if you know that you and she will want to continue with another date...the first "real" date. but, if you decide you don't want another date (as meeting in person can be a whole new ball game), you'll just part with no hard feelings. save the flowers for the "real" date if you like her...but don't get roses! omg roses are so cliche! go for something different like daisys-gerber daisys...tulips, something other than roses ya know? lol good luck!

Hell no! You know what that's doing?

Its basically saying this "Hey I'm lower value than you, you're higher value than me"

You are putting the girl on a pedestal. You don't even know this girl. Sure, if you guys have been together for a year and you got her flowers that is nice. But this is before you even know her. DO NOT DO IT!

• Amy

Don't. It's not only inappropriate for a casual date, but it's overdone and not very unique. Maybe bring something, but not flowers. Something a little more casual.

Hey do what you think.Hey im a chick and personally i don't care

about some dam flowers.Boring get her something different fun

or just bring yourself and take her somewhere fun.We love that ****.

Source(s): me me me.