Do I lose my no claims bonus?

My car broke down late last year so I decided to do without one until I have a bit more money. I had built up 9 years no claims and was just wondering if this stays with me indefinately or if there is some kind of time limit.

Edward - Some insurers will allow you to keep a No Claims Bonus as long as you have been driving regularly as a named driver on someone else's policy (eg partner's, parents etc). Obviously you have to have no blameworthy accidents as well!

Source(s): Chartered Insurance Practitioner Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute Claims Specialist for 36 years

First, what's your finished deductible? next, discover out what the cost is to interchange your window. If the cost is decrease than your deductible, then do not hassle submitting a declare. Your coverage corporation does not conceal any very own sources interior the motor vehicle in any case. If the cost to repair is greater beneficial than your deductible, call your agent and ask them if Vandalism claims result your no claims bonus.

• TomTom

Any no claims bonus is lost after 2 years.However,someone who changes from a company car to private may get some bonus if no claims have been made.

my son had a disability car for 3 years after this time he decided to return it and buy his own and he was told he would have to start again to earn his no claims even though hes been driving for 18 years

Some companies will allow a break of up to 2 years, none do more than that - some will allow no break at all for that.

Make sure you keep some proof of that NCB as it will be not easy to prove if you have not got evidence now