Bt home hub v2.0 and wireless 802.11n ?

hi guys after answering a question on yahoo answers regarding finding a usb wireless N adapter something occured to me ... is the bt home hub v2.0 wireless capability set to the wireless N by default i ask this as i received the bt home hub v2.0 over 12 months ago and when i couldnt connect... show more hi guys
after answering a question on yahoo answers regarding finding a usb wireless N adapter something occured to me ... is the bt home hub v2.0 wireless capability set to the wireless N by default
i ask this as i received the bt home hub v2.0 over 12 months ago and when i couldnt connect wirelessly i presumed the hub was defective and continued to use my v1.0 home hub
however if the v2.0 hub was set to wireless 802.11n by default then this would explain why both my laptop and my wifes laptop ( both acer aspire series ) wouldnt connect wirelesly since they dont support 802.11n....they only support 802.11g and b
so does anyone know if the v2.0 bt home hub is set to 802.11n by default ?
any help will be much appreicated
cheers guys !