Legal help. domestic assault charges. possible ways to get them dropped if state is pressing?

before everyone decides that I AM an abuse victim, just stop. every question i've seen - all the answers assume that the woman who wants the charges dropped is because of battered syndromes. Not the case here I was pissed I called the cops - we were both fighting and can hold our own against each other. Both... show more before everyone decides that I AM an abuse victim, just stop. every question i've seen - all the answers assume that the woman who wants the charges dropped is because of battered syndromes. Not the case here I was pissed I called the cops - we were both fighting and can hold our own against each other. Both are willing to try couselling, need to get no contact dropped and charges dropped. I've been told to write a letter to the county prosecutor to explain why to drop charges - not sure how to go about or write it well