Confused with eye prescription?

Hi all, I am hoping you can help me with my recent eye prescription. I have known for a while now that my left eye is lazy (although it doesn't look it, it just doesn't do much work) and my right eye makes up for the left eye. I thought I was short sighted as I find looking at things in the distance... show more Hi all, I am hoping you can help me with my recent eye prescription. I have known for a while now that my left eye is lazy (although it doesn't look it, it just doesn't do much work) and my right eye makes up for the left eye. I thought I was short sighted as I find looking at things in the distance harder than focusing on things close up. I can read etc. without aid, but cannot read signs far away that other people can read. My optician has told me I am far sighted, my glasses do make things close up more clear and they help with distance, however I feel the distance could be better.

Right:
Sph: +0.25
Cyl: -0.50
Axis: 100
Aided VA: Dist: 6/4.5 Near: N5

Left
Sph: +2.00
Cyl: -1.00
Axis: 85
Aided VA: Dist: 6/6 Near: N5

I have tried doing some research and I think + means can't see close up and - means can't see distance. My Sph is + and Cyl is -, does that mean my prescrition says I am both?

eyeprescription.com says my right eye is mixed astigmatism and my left is Compound hyperopic astigmatism.

Should I wear my glasses all the time for both near and distance? Or just near?

Thanks for your help.
Update: I don't know what my visual acuity is without glasses. My visual acuity with glasses is 6/6 for left eye and 6/4.5 for right eye. I was told my right eye is between lenses.
6 answers