Relationships - Married woman cheating?

About a month or so ago, I got a friend request from a woman aged 30 on Tagged who said she was single and lived in my home town. We started chatting on msn and she was saying stuff like 'Your so lovely as all other men just want her for sex' whereas I was asking her how her day had been etc..... She... show more About a month or so ago, I got a friend request from a woman aged 30 on Tagged who said she was single and lived in my home town.

We started chatting on msn and she was saying stuff like 'Your so lovely as all other men just want her for sex' whereas I was asking her how her day had been etc.....

She gave me her phone number and asked me to text her and I did this but when I tried to call her, she immediately cut the phone off where it went to voicemail.

She sent me a message saying she couldnt speak at the moment and then we chatted more on msn - at this point, I searched for her on Facebook and found her. I added her and when she accepted my friend request it turns out she is married.

I immediately backed off and told her that I would continue chatting with her as a friend. At this point, other alarm bells had already been ringing as after only 2 days chatting on msn she had said she was developing strong feelings for me and could I be her boyfriend - I found this a little odd and rather desperate on her part.

When I asked her about the marriage, she said she is married to someone who is blind (I am extremely sorry about his condition) but the problem is that he is very controlling and she does not love him but cannot afford to move out as she has nowhere to go.

I said to her that I cannot be with someone who is married as it is not fair on the man. She keeps texting me and I have said I will be friends with her.

I am not a stalker but I put her name into google - she has a really uncommon name so easy to find - and she is on a few websites - some created 2 or 3 years ago - with her profile listed as relationship status 'its complicated' and that she wants to find her 'mr right' - a reference she has made to me several times.

Is she just using people? people have said that if she was genuinely miserable she would just leave him whereas she says she cannot afford it and has nowhere to go - or is she just a player?

Part of me feels sorry for her and the other part feels she is not a very nice person.
Update: I would add that when I made it clear that I wouldnt be involved with a married woman she kept texting me and I was ok with that as a pal but she cannot be rang up and wants to meet me.
Update 2: thanks for all the messages; she definitely lives in my area due to the things she has said/voters roll etc...