What is LoudMo Contextual Ad Assistant? Is it Malware or a Virus?

So recently, I had Avast installed onto my computer, but it asked me to upgrade, so I did. I didn't like the new version (5.0), so I uninstalled it and I was completely unprotected. I went online trying to download another virus program, because Avast 4.0 home edition was the only virus program I liked on my... show more So recently, I had Avast installed onto my computer, but it asked me to upgrade, so I did. I didn't like the new version (5.0), so I uninstalled it and I was completely unprotected. I went online trying to download another virus program, because Avast 4.0 home edition was the only virus program I liked on my computer. Anyway, while searching for a program, I think I either got malware or a virus because when I open firefox, I had the bing toolbar and it was never on my internet explorer or firefox. Anyway, I think I found a solution to that problem, but for some reason now, when I'm on a website, sometimes I'll be re-directed to a website like locals.com or just another website promoting some sort of ad. I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials now and it doesn't detect anything wrong with my computer. But being re-directed to different websites from time to time sounds a bit fishy since it never happened to me before I got rid of avast. Can someone tell me if this is a virus or not? Plus, I went to add or remove programs hoping I could find something that was automatically installed onto my computer without me knowing, and well, I found LoudMo Contextual Ad Assistant. I don't think I've ever seen that installed on my computer before. Can someone explain what it is or what it does? And if I uninstall it, will it cause my computer to crash or give me some sort of problem? I'm just afraid of removing it because not sure what can happen. And should I just try installing Avast 4.0 again if I find it online? or should I keep Microsoft Security Essentials?
0