SLR Camera functions?

In a dynamic lighting situation (the illumination in the scene is variable), we are shooting a subject that we want to both isolate with a shallow depth of field (large aperture) and freeze in motion (fast shutter speed). Which program mode should we use to achieve the best results?

A. Program

B. Shutter Priority

C. Aperture Priority

D. Manual

In the above situation, what should we initially optimize exposure for (make sure our exposure settings are correct for)

A. The brightest-lit area

B. The dimmest-lit area

C. Halfway between the brightest and darkest lit areas (average of the two)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • photog
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

If you listened in class and read your coursework you would know the answers to this.

In your case, stick it on P and hope for the best.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

A stabilizer function is useful in cameras with high zoom capabilities. This is because the higher the zoom (or magnification) the greater the chance you will pick up "camera shake". Camera shake is largely an issue in low light situations where the camera's shutter needs to be left open longer to capture enough light. However, there are ways around this, such as by using a tripod. I wouldn't choose a camera based on the stabilizer function alone however.

• 1 decade ago

Looks like someone is asking for homework help.

First part. Shutter Priority. If you NEED to freeze it, you need to have control over the shutter. AP might slow your shutter too far. Manual is also acceptable if you know how to control your camera quickly and effectively.

2nd part, depends on what style you are going for. Personally, I'd try to optimize the darkest, but that's so variable, it's hard to answer.

• 1 decade ago

Heck-I just put it in P (auto) mode and adjust the settings on the fly. That is what the little dial is for.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.