anyone on here charting their basal temperature in order to get pregnant? Any advice?

First off, I couldn't remember my username so I had to set up a new account! Anyway, I (as you know) used fertilityfriend.com. I charted temps and cervical fluid mostly, but also included when I worked out, anytime I ate loads of sweets, and some other stuff. I saw some other people recommended fertilityfriend as well. Just know it will still tell you if it thinks you are ovulating regardless of whether or not you pay for the service.

Good luck :)

• B

I'm doing it. I found out I wasn't ovulating and am on my first round of Clomid.

Take it at the same time every day before moving around or even sitting up. Most thermometers will save your temperature so you can take it, go back to sleep and write it down later (just make sure you know how to retrieve the last temp - try it a few times! I lost a few days of temps because I thought the first display was my last temp and it turns out the first temp ever taken pops up every time you turn it on and you have to hold the button down to show the last one. I also learned that if you look at a last temp and don't want to lose it, turn it off or else my thermometer overrides the last temp with the current temp, which is 'lo' since I wasn't trying to take a temperature).

Other than that, I do recommend fertilityfriend.com. They have a very good free version and a deluxe version you pay for, but it will interpret your data for you and help you figure out when you ovulate.

There are all kinds of things that can mess up your temperature like sleeping with your mouth open etc. I would really google BBT to find all the different factors. Charting your BBT isn't hard once you know how to do it right.

It can get a little stressful when you obsess over every single temperature like I've been doing though LOL. I just want to know so badly.

Yes I am, but my only advice besides the obvious already given here is dont stress over the temperature. I got pregnant while charting my bbt and I did it at the exact same time every morning, I never changed the temp of the room etc and my chart was all over the place and showed no signs of ovulation. I am trying again since I did have an mc and am finding the same results, I dont seem to have a pattern.

It is a very useful tool, but just remember its not perfect.

Yes! Be consistent. Same time, every morning. Don't skip days, since it can throw it off. And I would suggest using something else as well, like charting your cervical position, cervical mucus or using ovulation predictor kits (OPK's). I had a hard time seeing if I was even ovulating based on temps alone, so an alternate method is HIGHLY suggested. I chart on fertilityfriend.com. It's great, and I only paid $45 for a year long membership, where it tells you when you are fertile, what your pregnancy chances are, and such. it's great!

• ck

Just chart to confirm ovulation and nothing more. Stop after you see 3 or 4 days of sustained higher temps. Otherwise, you'll think you see implantation dips, or you'll be worried that af is coming, even though it's not. It'll drive you mad! So, in addition to good temp taking techniques (consistency, patience, good physical habits like eating well, exercising, getting enough sleep, etc), don't read too much into charting your temp. Sooooo many things can affect your temp and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure them out. Remember, you're looking for trends, not individual temps. I just got my bfp last week, and this month, I stopped taking my temps after ovulation. It was so freeing! Good luck!!

Tried it , hated it ....I love the ovulation stips. No work needed!