Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 10 years ago

Discount for Pizza Hut Delivery 30min late?

I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut online ahead of time, to be delivered at 6:30pm. At 7:00, there was still no sign of the pizza; I called the restaurant and was told that my pizza would be leaving the restaurant soon... half an hour after it was supposed to be delivered?

Do they have policies about getting a discount for pizzas being delivered late? It's not like the delivery boy got lost- it hasn't even left the restaurant.

But when you order ahead online, you can specify to have it delivered on a certain day at a certain time in the future, down to the minute. It finally came at 7:25, 50 minutes later than delivery had been scheduled.

• Elle Z

They do not advertise it as a guarantee of 30 minutes or less anymore. They were having drivers ticketed, paying for pizzas for being late and driving like crazy to get the pizzas there on time (it is a myth that they yanked the guarantee after a driver killed an Indiana woman while speeding to deliver a pizza). They stopped doing it almost 10 years or so ago. If you read the fine print on commercials it says something like "This is an estimate not a guarantee" or something like that.

Depends on the store policy - some do some don't. When you order, ask about it - keep an eye on the advertising and if that's what it says, then that's what you should get. Do check first, and I guess if it is only a few minutes late, don't be narky about it, but if it is more than 20 - 30 minutes late, I'd call the pizza shop BEFORE it arrives and let them know the delivery is now x amount of time late, and ask what can be done about it. In the best of worlds things do go wrong, give the guy a chance to explain - could be a break down, or hold up or anything in between. If the service is not satisfactory - let the pizza shop know but don't be one of those people who complain about everything just to get something free. It won't do you or your reputation any good and you'll be remembered and possibly ignored so what will you have gained?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do they have policies...

Source(s): discount pizza hut delivery 30min late: https://biturl.im/ceKE8
  • gyalog

Pizza Hut Delivery Time

I ordered a pizza from pizza hut at 2:50pm. It's 4:39pm and I still have not received the pizza. I called Pizza Hut and was told that it was out for delivery. Actual delivery time was 4:42pm.

Sorry guys. Now its changed. Just an update. Today I got a free Pizza . Yay!. Now they even write on their box that its free if not delivered under 30min

today i have order pizza from pizza hut

from CBD Shahdara

Order time :8:09pm

Deliver time : 8:42pm

Pizza late 2min...

pizza delivery boy ne manager ko call kiya ki mai 2min late ho gaya hu. phir manager ne humae 100rs ka discount offer kiya

to humne kaha ki aapka offer hai 30min or free, to usne apne senior manager se baat karvai, manager ne bola ki aap pizza vapas bhej do , tum jaise log free ka pizza khana chahate ho, tum log pehle hi keh diya karo ki hume free ka pizza khana hai, to order late nikalana.

This Message is not Fake... for Verification

Pizza Hut Company Check

from this

Date : 27/072014

Billing Time : 8 :16:54 pm

Token no: -133

POS No. 1C73

Order No. : 065140019645

Order Punch time : 8:09:50pm

Promise time : 8:39:50pm

I have one Question from pizza hut... If You cannot provide pizza in 30min... so why are you having such offer : 30min or free offer...... Pizza hut cannot compete with dominos in delivery service

• ?5 years agoReport

i do have similar exp ..... sale BC.. unprofessional

No, I don't think any pizza place guarantees delivery times anymore.

They don't have a thirty minute policy anymore. But that quite a long wait if you requested it for a future time, I would tell them you're dissatisfied and they might give you something for the inconvenience

see if you can't negotiate a discount if you specifically asked your pizza to be delivered at 6:30. how far ahead did you order?