? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

I found this mobile phone ... what would you have done?

One day in Hyderabad, A P, I found this mobile phone. Someone lost it. On the roadside. I know, I should not have picked it up. It could have been a bomb. I felt sorry for the person who lost it and wanted to return it to him/her, sincerely and with all good intentions, I picket it up. I phoned one contact from among the many in the phone and offered to return it to the owner. Their reply was not very encoraging. I am from one of the coastal districts in A.P. The phone, as could be seen from the contacts and contents of its music files, belonged to a Telangana person. I did not dare to meet these people on the roadside to return it to them, in view of the general animosity these people had developed recently towards people of our region. I did not have the heart to give such a fine piece of machinery to a police man, who most probably would be corrupt and would probably use it himself or sell it second hand and would never return to the owner.

I am using it as a paper weight. I would never switch it on or use it.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do??

I am not a brave guy. A coward, really. I do not feel comfortable in meeting new people.

• Favourite answer

*In its memory, there will definitely be a no.

saying 'home', dad, mom etc. ......

Try ringing up that no.......

They [at home] will surely reciprocate in a

positive manner .....!!~☺

I would try to return the mobile if i were in yr shoes !

Even if i had to try each & every no. listed in his

memory list !! .... cause .....

Such things are very very sorely missed by owners ......

Just try to put yourself in that person's shoes who lost his mobile. Had you lost your phone, how would you have felt? Losing such a thing like mobile is not same as losing money. These days our mobile phones have become an essential part of our life. How handicap we feel without mobile. No one remembers the phone numbers of their contacts. They are all stored in the mobile sets. If you lose your mobile, how inconvenient life becomes as you lose touch with your friends and acquaintances.

My appeal to you would be to just switch it on even if you don't want to talk to the people in contact list who can help you return the phone to the owner. If the phone is switched on, the person may try to contact you. Or a good idea would be to look for family members. They are usually stored with the names: PAPA, MOM etc. or a name like HOME. Don't bring your animosity with the people of a particular region in this matter. In fact, if that person finds that you helped him get his lost phone back, it would send very positive signal. After all we are all Indians.

I once again appeal you to try to contact the owner and return the phone. I'm sure you'll find better objects to use as paperweight!

• Let me guess, if i was in ur shoes then i would either sel it or buy new sim card n enjoy two phones. . . .

Chil yaar y do u want to return it. . . .

If it was sumbdy wallet then u should return it but its just a phone. . . .

try some other numbers also if u really want to return it back....once i did the same in this situation

wear your shoes n run away :P jk

arre...y worried?? just give it to nokia they will recycle it and even plant a tree for it

simple :D

hakuna matata

just keep it.