Does the Yahoo answer format prevent actual knowledge sharing, invite abuse, encourage repeat offenders?

while deterring those interested in knowledge sharing and being a positive member of the community from continuing to try? It had that effect on me and i'm wondering how others see this. This is not a rant, i'm not pouring my heart out here or angry. My question is polite and sincere. I've enjoyed... show more while deterring those interested in knowledge sharing and being a positive member of the community from continuing to try?

It had that effect on me and i'm wondering how others see this. This is not a rant, i'm not pouring my heart out here or angry. My question is polite and sincere.

I've enjoyed this place many years and am thankful to the makers and many answer team members who gave me the impression they cared over that time period or even helped me out far beyond the call of duty. i respect and like this place. Any and all criticism starts from my love for this site

I've noticed some thing though and wonder how others see this.
There's no standard of accuracy at all, none, making the claim to be a knowledge sharing community rather unfounded in my view. I can ask 'Where does Obama live' and choose on mars as the best answer all within the guidelines. The person will get the same BA and ten points someone gets who is actually knowledgeable about the subject at hand and spent his or her precious time sharing that knowledge. So why the claim the main goal is knowledge sharing?

Second the continued abuse of the same trolls and repeat offenders because for them, and them alone unfortunately, suspensions are a joke. For us, trying to make this place work and being good members, it's sad to lose a level three, four, seven account but if you come here only to troll and abuse then why would any violation or suspension deter you when no one and nothing will stop you from simply making another account tomorrow and starting over?

Good members continue to be suspended too much, all too often for expressing frustration on the board over the second point I made ( yeah i understand that's not allowed and why but they're not machines, the playing field is tilted in favor of the trolls) regularly leading them to become less productive members after the third fourth or fifth suspension

What do you think?
Update: So many great people with great answers. This is an extremely difficult choice I'll have to make. Thank You
Update 2: Most difficult decission I ever had to make here. Several very good YA contacts showed up with outstanding answers an unique persepctive or efforts far beyond the call of duty. Travis Anderson, Smudgeward, oohhbother, Aloofly Goofy, Les S and Civic Cat all deserve to be rewarded here and are great contacts on top... show more Most difficult decission I ever had to make here. Several very good YA contacts showed up with outstanding answers an unique persepctive or efforts far beyond the call of duty. Travis Anderson, Smudgeward, oohhbother, Aloofly Goofy, Les S and Civic Cat all deserve to be rewarded here and are great contacts on top of that who made my answers expirience. Thanks a lot
Then there are others, some i saw before but others totally unknown who equally deserve a BA for their impressive effort here.
Most difficult decission I ever had to make here so please know your effort was more than appreciated but can't risk a vote and am only allowed to pick one.
Thank you again