Catholics, why do Roses have Thorns?

Genesis 3:17 - 18 "...."Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. 18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. According to God, the ground did not always... show more Genesis 3:17 - 18

"...."Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

According to God, the ground did not always produce thorns and thistles

in fact thorns and thistles are a direct result of Adam disobeying God

According to the pope, and others who beleive in Evolution, The Rose would have 'evolved' thorns as a defence mechanism

If this was the case one would be able to grow a rose minus the thorns which so far , no one has ever done

I ask you why Roses have thorns

1.Do you beleive what is written in Genesis, that they did not always have them, and that they are a direct result of Adams sin

2.or the pope and others using evolution?

If you dont beleive statement 1, can you please tell me why you beleive anything else in the bible

If you beleive that roses having thorns is a euthemism for millions of years of evolution, could you please explain to me how you got there?

Thanks
Update: Witnesess

God says to Adfam that the earth will now produce thorns and thistles for you
as a direct result of his sin

he had already created insects before this on Day 6, can you tell me why he is not bothered about producing thorns just before or just after that, but until Adam sins????

Thanks