Catholics, why do Roses have Thorns?

Genesis 3:17 - 18

"...."Cursed is the ground because of you;

through painful toil you will eat of it

all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,

and you will eat the plants of the field.

According to God, the ground did not always produce thorns and thistles

in fact thorns and thistles are a direct result of Adam disobeying God

According to the pope, and others who beleive in Evolution, The Rose would have 'evolved' thorns as a defence mechanism

If this was the case one would be able to grow a rose minus the thorns which so far , no one has ever done

I ask you why Roses have thorns

1.Do you beleive what is written in Genesis, that they did not always have them, and that they are a direct result of Adams sin

2.or the pope and others using evolution?

If you dont beleive statement 1, can you please tell me why you beleive anything else in the bible

If you beleive that roses having thorns is a euthemism for millions of years of evolution, could you please explain to me how you got there?

Thanks

Update:

Witnesess

God says to Adfam that the earth will now produce thorns and thistles for you

as a direct result of his sin

he had already created insects before this on Day 6, can you tell me why he is not bothered about producing thorns just before or just after that, but until Adam sins????

Thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best answer

Evolution.

"If you don't believe statement 1, can you please tell me why you believe anything else in the bible" I need a reason? to bad i have none.

"If you believe that roses having thorns is a euthemism for millions of years of evolution, could you please explain to me how you got there?" Mutation, More roses with thorns survived than roses with no thorns, perhaps thorns also define outer characteristics of a rose. but i don't know i am not a botanist.

Here is a good easy to understand source on how one trait can effect others using an example of foxes. http://www.overpill.com/2009/12/21/soviet-scientis...

• 10 years ago

In paradise, roses probably did not have thorns, and man did not have to work. Because man challenged God's authority, he (and she) was removed from paradise, and beautiful things came with hardship. I don't think that is a matter of evolution. It's just the way the world is after the original sin.

• 10 years ago

ROSE THORNS BECOME ROSARIES FOR MARY . THUS ROSES DON'T HAVE THORNS ( MARY TOOK ALL THE CURSES OF THE EARTH AWAY BY HER ROSARY .

SIMPLE THE RCS HAVE ROSARIES ( ROSES FOR MARY) AND THUS WHEN THE ROSES ARE GIVEN TO MARY .. ALL THE THORNS DISAPPEARED BY HER BLESSINGS AND LOVE

MARY CAN TURN ROSES THORNS TO BE THORNLESS

SHE SAVED THE POPE'S LIFE ( REMEMBER ) POPE JOHN'S 11 BY THE SECRET OF FATIMA ( THUS TO MAKE ROSES THORNLESS IS EASY FOR MARY

http://www.americancatholic.org/features/customs/r...

IC XC NIKA

Greek Orthodox Katholikos ( Gr First Unviersal) Apostolic Christian of the First Greek Septuagint and First Greek New Testament for all.

Our Roses have Thorns..

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Without reading all the rest of the BS and just answering the question.

It's a religious comparison. Something that appears nice and harmless from a distance turns out to be filled with dangerous pricks.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anna
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Roses have been bred with out thorns.

http://www.diy-home-tips.com/roses-without-thorns....

Stop lying to people.

The bible is myth not truth, Moses, Abraham and Jesus never existed.

Roses have thorns, is not a euphism of evolution.

Roses evolved thorns, just like they evolved petals, scent, and colors.

Ignorance is the only real sin. Repent and sin no more.

• 4 years ago

F.Y.I There is no rosary mentioned in the bible. Even the " Popes " are not mentioned. The Catholic Bible is a man made doctrine where they have every words of God twisted by their own human knowledge!.

• 10 years ago

every tree that bring forth fruit has an axe laid at the roots

every tree that brings forth bitter fruit is cut down and bound and thrown into the fire

thorns were created to kill insects and as poetic allegory/ analogy

• 10 years ago

Catholicism is like a rose. Bright and gaudy on the surface but underneath, it's full of pricks.

Source(s): Agnostic
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because the world has a lot of pricks in it.

• 10 years ago

Mega epic FAIL.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.