Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is the difference between a built in and integrated Dishwasher please?

I currently have a dishwasher which has a door that matches my kitchen units and it has died!! I am looking for a new dishwasher and keep seeing built in and integrated and not sure of the difference. Could I buy one with its own door or will have I to have one and use my current kitchen unit door due to housing etc??

Thank you

Also what is the difference between integrated and fully intergrated. I thought fully integrated was with a kitchen unit door which would make standard integrated the same as built in????

A built-in kitchen appliance, be it a dishwasher or a cooker (for example) is exactly that: It is BUILT IN to fit in with all other kitchen units etc. Where as an INTEGRATED appliance, will have its own kitchen cabinet door fitted to its outside face so as to blend in with its adjoining units, purely for decorative purposes. My advise would be that if you like the look of your dishwasher then why spend a further £100+ to cover it up!? Some kitchen unit doors (due to their construction and materials used) can also interfere with the appliance and its works. If in doubt, leave it out and just simply install a built in dishwasher and just allow it to do its job!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I currently have a dishwasher which has a door that matches my kitchen units and it has died!! I am looking for a new dishwasher and keep seeing built in and integrated and not sure of the difference. Could I buy one with its own door or will have I to have one and use my current kitchen unit door...

Source(s): difference built integrated dishwasher please: https://tr.im/I47N1

Integrated dishwashers have holes pre-drilled in front of appliance to take a standard height door, usually 720mm by whatever the width of the appliance, max 600mm. Usually integrated appliances are more expensive than standard due to the fact that they need to be more compact to fit under the worktop and also to accommodate the door on front. Any Integrated appliance does not come with a door so you must use existing which will of course need to be taken off old machine and re-fitted to new appliance once it is in place, ensuring it is level and lines up with existing kitchen doors at either side ! If you not bothered about seeing the dishwasher i would buy a free standing one which would be the same depth as the washing machine approx, and will probably be cheaper and a lot less work !!!!!!!!!

• roxi

What Is An Integrated Dishwasher

an integrated unit has a different front ..it has a framework built into front to accept a standard door ...this will be screwed on ...where as a built-in unit is just a normal dishwasher which is just built in to the kitchen units ..integrated are more expensive

Currently, BIPV's are less efficient. The most promising are the roof shingles. There is hope that organic dyes and titanium oxide flakes would make a paintable BIPV.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axCZA

No, they're still based on silicon converting light to electricity. though they may use mirrors to channel light towards the cell and other minor differences.