how to tell my parents im depressed?

i have taken some online tests n i myself am feeling quite depressed for last few months...im not close to my parents how to let them know????

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best answer

Your behavior will reveal it to your parents

• Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Tell your parents your depress. Tell them why your depress. If you dont know why you depress it might be because you have nothing to worry about and you get depress. All you need is some family around and friends. People who support you and make you feel good. Stop being at home and go out more have fun with life.It does sound kinda hard to tell your parents but maybe you just feel alone and feel like no one cares. Your parents do.

• 10 years ago

Dear Debjani,

I can understand what you may be going through and how you may be feeling. But remember one thing: most of the times when we suspect of something being wrong with us is not always true. we have both highs and lows in our lives. it is very mush possible you are just suffering from a low phase making you feel lonely and therefore depressed and the most important and basic solution to all our psych problems is communication.

therefore do not hesitate to communicate. if you think you are not comfortable talking about it with your parents talk to somebody who is mature enough to understand your problem like a school counselor or some other adult whom you trust and feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with. i am attaching a link which has a helpline number where you can call and simply share your thoughts with i am assuming you are in United States.

do not let these feelings harbor inside you for a long time it could do more damage than good. i know your question is about how you can tell your parents about it but matters like these first need to be discussed with somebody you are comfortable talking with as it helps you to be more open and helps solve problems easily.

one thing you could do is take help of somebody responsible who can talk to your parents on behalf of you. so its like you confide to somebody about what you feel and then they talk with your parents about it so things can be sorted and you can get help faster.

hope this will help best of luck.

PS: do not take any decision without bringing your parents into confidence as it will hurt them more. bring them into confidence so that they can be there for you every step of the way.

• 10 years ago

Every child is his/her parents fav. So first thing you shud do is to get this feeling out of you mind. I know it will take some time take your tym and see the feeling that you get, not beingclosedd to your parents will go. And may b if you are depressed due to this reason plzz dont be. Your parents are the only people who will always love you for wat you are and how you look. dont think too much there are many morestufff to b paid attention on this just waste of tym. I know you might feel itrude orr boring but dude its just for your good.

You have your beautifull parents wid you think about those kids who dont so dont feel lyk that. You have them. do you understand their importance. They are beauty full and loving.

I know you have not tried talking to them but take the first step and go talk to them in a very poliet manner. They will understand and make you feel better. I hope you will talk to them and hug them after that.

All the best :)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Dont rely jus on the tests.

Go to your doctor and tell them how you've been feeling. Let your doctor diagnose you as being depressed.

Then, if you feel you need to tell them..sit them down and tell them...at least you'll have a doctor's diagnoses behind you.

If you dont live at home..and you don't want to tell your parents...you don't have to.

Just ask your doc to prescribe some anti depressants or to refer you to a therapist.

Sometimes it's a good thing to have someone to go to where you can just talk about anything and not have a person think you're dumb..

• 10 years ago

Why do you want to tell them ?

If you want their help there is no need to tell them.

Just go to them and start crying just like a small baby, your parents will do the rest for their child.

I think this baby is getting the right answer now :)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

what online tests?

save on your pocket money and consult a psychiatrist

or else tell your parents the truth as it is

they will understand and help you sometimes we misjudge our parents,....

• 10 years ago

U better reveal this to ur mom n take her advise.

All the best.

• 10 years ago

ITS SIMPLE JUST TELL THE PROBLEMS TO UR MOM BUT SHOW HER FIRST THAT U R DISRT

SO AUOTOMATICALY THEY WILL ASK UR PROB

• 10 years ago

SHOW them if you can't tell them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.