is it normal for a pimple on your nose to last for 4 weeks?

it is big and ugly when i tried popping it only blood came out no pus and then i realised people were saying not to pop it so i stopped. so all ive been doing is washing my face with a benzoyl peroxide cleanser and placing a benzoyl peroxide acne cream on it and it wont go away. plus i have another pimple coming up on my nose right next to it.

is it normal for this pimple to last for 4 weeks?

if it lasts this long do you think i should see a dermatologist?

I know this is considered somewhat of an urban legend but try tooth past, put it on it and leave it there for a day, or on at night and leave it on over night. It drys it up for me and literally it goes away in the next few days. However as you have picked it you may have acne scarring as well which is why the red wont disappear quickly, you'll have to be patient.

Also the reason another one is appearing is because you popped it, people think popping spots makes them go away when in act it spreads the infection and causes more to come up. Your best bet is to stick to your routine and wait it out and not touch it.

I hope it all works, I know what its like to have spots.

It's not a pimple, it's a boil - and it will stay as long as you keep bothering it. Don't try to pop it, cover it up, so you're not temped to. It takes a about one week for it not to be painful anymore, another week for the redness to go away and about 3 more weeks for it to be completely dissolved again. Bother it and you reset the clock again.

Cleansing solutions don't help much against this problem. Refraining from eating chocolate and junk food can help a little.

Unless it has got infected and unless you have been pinching it regularly, I would have expected the pimple to have resolved by now. If you are in doubt, it is best to consult a Dermatologist.

Regards

Dr.Sasi Attili

www.onlineskinspecialist.com

Source(s): www.onlineskinspecialist.com