Joan asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Super Bowl...Colts or Saints?

i'd like to get others opinions.

I'm personally a colts fan. I have a dog named peyton and a dog named eli lol.

I believe that Manning could take out oldy favre or midget brees.

Colts seem to have an all around better team but the saints seemed to have a mean defense at the end of the vikings game.

Seemed like they actually wanted to hurt farve (i was cheering it on the whole way). My only worry is theyre defense.

I believe Brees is way too nervous already and at least manning has some experience in the super bowl.

Open to opinions!

P.S. I was cheering the saints in the viking game.

Wow...people dont like being told the truth that the saints arent even close to being the team that the colts are. Even my dogs could beat them

I think the Colts are going to win this game too. They are playing at a unbelievaeble level. No other team in the NFL can make the 1/2 time adjustments that the Colts can. The opening betting line has the Colts favored by four points when the Super Bowl is played in Miami. That sounds about right.

Two years ago, everyone said the New England Patriots were unbeatable when, in fact, they were only unbeaten. We know what happened when the Patriots and New York Giants played.

Back to reality: It won't happen again.

At this point of his career, Peyton Manning doesn't need anything to validate his status as one of the greatest quarterbacks who ever played. He's going to get it anyway, feasting on the Saints' 26th-ranked pass defense. A victory will give him his second Super Bowl ring and hardware bragging rights when he and little brother Eli get together.

You can see one of the best story lines now. Peyton's father, Archie, is a legendary hero in New Orleans. He was drafted by the Saints in 1971 and played 11 seasons for them. They never had a winning season when he was there, but that wasn't his fault. In 1978, for instance, he was the NFC Player of the Year – for a team that went 7-9.

The Saints have a feel-good story of their own at quarterback in Drew Brees, who came to New Orleans while the city was still clearing rubble left from Hurricane Katrina. Brees is deservedly beloved by Saints fans and is a tremendous player.

But Peyton Manning is a different breed of cat. He is the kind of quarterback who comes along once in a generation and he is backed by a team with few weaknesses.

You think of the Colts as kind of video-game team, throwing all over the field and winning track meets, but they are much more balanced. They allowed only 19 points a game in the regular season – eighth best in the NFL. They won't completely stop the Saints, who led the NFL with 510 points – an astonishing 31.9 points per game – but they only need to slow them down.

The Colts put up 26 points a game themselves, and the Saints' defense was a pedestrian 20th in the league.

That won't be good enough against Manning.

Expect to see lots of comparisons in the next two weeks about the "businesslike" Colts against the "emotional" Saints. That oversimplifies things. The Colts looked plenty emotional Sunday coming back from 11 points down against the Jets in the AFC title game. At times it seems like Manning can win by force of will – and he has a lot of will.

The Colts are in one of the great runs for a franchise in NFL history. They've been in the playoffs eight consecutive years and have one Super Bowl ring, that memorable victory over Chicago in Miami when then-coach Tony Dungy finally reached the top. It's a testament to the Colts – and to Manning – that they kept right on winning this season under first-year head coach Jim Caldwell after Dungy walked away.

How good are they? When they finally lost this season after winning their first 14 games, it was only because they didn't care. Caldwell pulled his starters after a half in a game against the Jets, leading to a 29-15 loss. We saw Sunday how much that mattered.

So party on, Saints.

I think it's fair to say most of America will be pulling for you in the Super Bowl.

Yours is a remarkable tale of perseverance.

Enjoy the ride.

Stories like this are why we love sports. Stock up, tune in, and savor the experience.

But … who dat gonna win that Super Bowl?

The Colts, dat who.

Colts 41 Saints 38 ( Might be a Overtime Game)

Source(s): NFL Fan

We'll see how the game turns out. Both offenses are very strong. Neither defense is all that great statistically. The Colts were a little better over the course of the season. The Saints have given up a lot of yards and points defensively, but have been great at creating and taking advantage of turnovers all year long. I don't think the Colts will make a lot of mistakes though and do think they're more likely to win. I'd like to see the Saints win though. I used to go to games there sometimes when I lived in the Florida panhandle.

I think that the Indianapolis Colts are going to win this Super Bowl, but I really want the New Orleans Saints to win. I am with New Orleans as a fan but I still think the Colts are going to win this.

I hope freeny nails brees a bunch of times. The Aints didn't deserve to win the NFC Championship and they definatley don't deserve to win the supebowl. The only reason the Aints are here is because of the refs anyways!!

Go Colts, all you have to do is overcome the refs!!

Saints cause Colts have no running Game

• Chippy

I WANT the Saints to win

but I KNOW the Colts will win

Yes, but that's not even close to how classless Eric Mangini has been. He hasn't EVER congratulated and shaken hands with the team that beat him in the Super Bowl! Now THAT's classless right there.

Colts!

Take Indianapolis Colts -5,5

Saints will dominate the game. It'd be nice to see the city rebound from Katrina and win the big one.