UK standard measurements?

It's my prom this year, and i've just been wondering about measurements and sizes, in case i order a dress from the internet. Anyway..... What are the UK standard bust/waist/hip measurements? Just for UK dress sizes 6-10. Also, if you go to a prom dress shop, and they measure you, can be inaccurate... show more It's my prom this year, and i've just been wondering about measurements and sizes, in case i order a dress from the internet.

Anyway..... What are the UK standard bust/waist/hip measurements? Just for UK dress sizes 6-10.

Also, if you go to a prom dress shop, and they measure you, can be inaccurate because of the clothes you're wearing adding inches? For example, if you're wearing a thick jumper, it might add an inch or two to your bust and waist measurements. Would it be better to measure myself at home and order a dress from online, or is best to go into a shop and get a professional seamstress to measure you?

Thanks. =)