PowerPoint word count..?

Help! I need to count the words of hundreds of pages of ppt (in chinese) and can't find such a function in powerpoint. Isn't there a word counting tool like in Word? Otherwise what would be the quickest way to go about it? THANK YOU!!!

Update:

Thanks, but I tried copy and pasting into Word, it just turns into uncountable image files! :S

Update 2:

Thank you Plumpdumplings! The word count doesn't seem to include those in tables, but it does save some time! :D

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

I don't know if this works with Chinese, but there is a word count feature..

2007: Round Office pulldown menu --> Prepare --> (in the top left of the palette that opens) Document Properties --> Advanced Properties --> Statistics tab has the word count.

XP/2003: File pulldown menu --> Properties --> Statistics tab has the word count.

• 4 years ago

It should be always on. Check the bottom left of the document you are working on. If it is not there click on Review and you will see a Word Count button (top left in the menu bars. Just click on it and a pop up box with that info in will open. EDIT>> This may be the problem... On the Office ICON (very top left of the page) right click on the ICON and insure that there is NO NO check mark in the minimize ribbon choice. If there is that hides all the quick menus. Just click on minimize ribbon..... At the top (above the typing area) you should see these tabs. Home, Insert, Page Layout, References, Mailings, Review, View. Click on the Review tap, in the proofing box (Where spell check is should be an ICON for Word Count. simply click on it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You must select the words then copy and paste into Word.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

copy and paste everything onto word and look at word count from there

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

problematic stuff. lookup in search engines like google. this will help!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.