Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

how many hours is 10gb monthly usage allowance on a pc?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

First of all that is not Gigabytes (GB) but Gigabits (Gb) and there are 8 bits to a byte.

All internet usage and speed is measured as such.

So your 10 Gb in terms of computer usage is only 1.25 GB = 1,280 MB which is not a lot.

As you have a very small cap if you download this small free program.

It’s only 1 Mb ►

http://www.hootech.com/NetMeter

You can set it with your cap. It will show a running display of your usage [all up and downloads] and keep running logs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. It will also, work out daily what you have left for the rest of the month and how much you can use each day. It will also warn you when you are approaching that limit.

It will also give some idea how fast your using your limit.

Source(s): Experienced1
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hello, (ANS)No.1- The B.T. 10GB allowance per month is NOT measured in hours used, it IS measured in the amount of data in bytes, or mega-bytes, or Giga-bytes transferred across your connection (broadband phone line). This means how much data you upload & download, note: when you request a web page or make a google search you are making an upload & when you download an image, web page, film clip or file you are downloading data (upload >>>>is a request to a server, whilst download<<<<< is data sent from the server to your machine). No.2 Both uploads & downloads use your allowance up by transferring data across the connection. No.3 How much data you transfer across your connection is purely down to you and how much you use the internet & its various services. No.4 10GB per month would now a days be considered quite a modest allowance to many internet users. 10GB's is really for a Low or lite internet user. I myself am a lite user and I average 7-8GB most months, a medium user might use 25GB per month and heavy user such as constant online game playing or downloading several DVD quality movies could easily top over 30GB per month. Hope this helps? Kind Regards Ivan computer veteran.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That would depend on what you're doing. It's 10GBs. That's a measurement of data, not time.

• 1 decade ago

I don't understand what you're asking. I don't see how space (i.e. 10 gigabytes) translates to time. Could you please re ask the question with additional details? (Unless somebody else sees the correlation, then most likely, you'll get an excellent answer).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.