Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

What did he mean when he said "let's just forget we ever met"?

There's this guy who has liked me since I met him. I didn't really like him, though. I was neutral about him. He liked me enough that he stood up for me. This "thing" named TJ was constantly telling everyone that I was a whore. Austin went and told her that she needed to leave me alone, and she kicked him in his balls. He said the pain didn't matter to him. I thought it was a nice thing for him to do, but I never really thought that much about him.

When I broke up with my cheating boyfriend he told me that he loved me, and I thought that he was kind of sweet, so I gave him my number. We were texting, and every once in a while he would remind me how much he loved me, and he said that he would be fine with me not dating him because he wanted me to be happy. So, I started dating (the greatest boyfriend I've ever had) Kyle and I started ignoring Austin. I stopped talking to him, and I didn't respond to his text messages. I thought he would get the hint that I didn't like him.

Today he texted me saying, "Why didn't you just tell me you didn't like me? I would've been able to get on with my life a lot sooner." I told him that me dating Kyle was me telling him that I didn't like him. He said "You know me. I'm an idiot. I don't pick up on these things." I said I was sorry he didn't get the memo. He responded a little later "It's cool. I'm a happier idiot knowing I can finally get on with my life. Let's just forget we ever met."

Does he not love me anymore? Why would he say "let's just forget we ever met"? He isn't a bad guy, but I don't understand why he would say that.I liked knowing that he loved me. I'm not sure if he does anymore, and for some reason I feel kind of sad.

I really want an honest answer. Please?

• Favorite Answer

wow, you have been really brutal to this guy. you might not know it now, but finding someone that would get kicked in the junk for you and go through all that for you is a rare find. and later on in life when your looks fade and your health gets bad, you're gonna want someone that really cares for you and doesn't just want a cheap thrill.

you've gotta take a look inside yourself and decide if you want "the greatest boyfriend you've ever had" or this man that really seems to love you. no one can make this decision for you.

if you decide to go after him, good luck to you. if not, leave him alone for a while; he needs time to heal.

Hey, I know how you feel and you want an honest answer so I will give you an honest answer. How do you thing he felt? He had feelings for you and he loved you. You decided to be with some one else and you moved on so that is what he decided to do. Oc course he wants to forget you 2 ever met because he is hurt from the inside. You can always go back and apologize if you love him. You can get things to work again.

• Vasso

First of all, why do you care if he loves you anymore? Didn't you say that you were neutral towards him>> Didn't you say that you have the greatest boyfriend you've ever had?? I can see why this guy is so confused..you are sending him conflicting messages..first you're neutral, then you're afraid you're losing him..What's up with you?? If you don't want the guy, give him a break and let him go..quit dragging his heart around..Let him get on with his life..leave him alone..and be with the greated boyfriend you've ever had!

• Julie

I really do not know how you could have expected him to react in a different way. You dumped him but did not have the courtesy to tell him you were moving on with someone else.

You liked knowing he loved you because it gave you a little bigger ego, certainly not the right way to treat anyone. When a person loves you, even if you do not return the feeling its not nice to react the way you did.

Wow you strung this guy along with texts and flirting no doubt.

Then you go date some other guy "the GREATEST BOYFRIEND you've ever had"

and you STILL want him to love you?

Terrible.

Glad I never met you.

If you can't figure out that he's steaming angry... wow.

honestly is sounds like you are stringing him along.Like he is your platonic male fallback in case things go wrong with some other guy.He probably means that if you don't feel that way then he doesn't want anything to do with you as it's hard for him to keep caring about someone that is never going to care for him.Sad?Why be?You got what you wanted(ie he is leaving you alone)

The dude was clearly in love with you, why the hell didn't you tell him you don't like him?

"Why would he say "let's just forget we ever met"

That's because he realized your a stupid girl and how stupid he was by loving you and he wants to forget you...

Honest answer: How is he supposed to feel? He had feelings for you and you chose to be with somebody else and moved on. He should move on too.

he would just rather forget you ever existed and wants to move on with his life.let him!