Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

What did he mean when he said "let's forget we ever met"?

There's this guy who has liked me since I met him. I didn't really like him, though. I was neutral about him. He liked me enough that he stood up for me. This "thing" named TJ was constantly telling everyone that I was a whore. Austin went and told her that she needed to leave me alone, and she kicked him in his balls. He said the pain didn't matter to him. I thought it was a nice thing for him to do, but I never really thought that much about him.

When I broke up with my cheating boyfriend he told me how that he loved me, and I thought that he was kind of sweet, so I gave him my number. We were texting, and every once in a while he would remind me how much he loved me, and he said that he would be fine with me not dating him because he wanted me to be happy. So, I started dating (the greatest boyfriend I've ever had) Kyle and I started ignoring Austin. I stopped talking to him, and I didn't respond to his text messages. I thought he would get the hint that I didn't like him that way.

Today he texted me saying, "Why didn't you just tell me you didn't like me? I would've been able to get on with my life a lot sooner." I told him that me dating Kyle was me telling him that I didn't like him. He said "You know me. I'm an idiot. I don't pick up on these things." I said I was sorry he didn't get the memo. He responded a little later "It's cool. I'm a happier idiot knowing I can finally get on with my life. Let's just forget we ever met."

Does he not love me anymore? Why would he say "let's just forget we ever met"? He isn't a bad guy, but I don't understand why he would say that.

I really want an honest answer. Please?

I liked knowing that he loved me. I'm not sure if he does anymore, and for some reason I feel really sad.

Favorite Answer

i think you took the easy way out by not responding to his texts.. you were being a coward by not facing him and telling him the truth..

i believe guys are just as sensitive about being ignored just like girls..

i mean imagine you were in his shoes.. say you liked kyle and took a punch for him and

he gave you his number.. your thinking wow he must like me. this is great

then all of a sudden he stops replying to your texts and you say why haven't you responded?

and he says i thought you would've gotten the "memo", seriously...

you need to be a little bit more sensitive towards others feeling..

i wouldn't want to speak to you again either if i was gonna stand up for you then have you completely hurt my feelings.

• ?

Whao sometimes words are better than action and I seriously think you should have told or even responded to his text with the words that am dating Kyle and thanks for the encourage, you would have continued to be friend, but ignoring him like that, that was in bad test. He meant that he doesnt want you to be in his life anymore and forget about everything that ever happened. You really hurt him

Honestly, your question is a bit confusing. You were dating one guy who didn't like you and now you're dating another who is the perfect one. The first one picked up a bit late in the game that you were no longer interested, and yet you still love him?

Let him go honey. You know what they say. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

when he says "It's cool. I'm a happier idiot knowing I can finally get on with my life. Let's just forget we ever met", hes mad that you don't have the same feeling towards him as he has towards you. Right now, hes just trying to keep a straight face and play it off cool. But obviously it hurts him to say it.

lols, when he texts "i love you" it doesnt mean he does (its really easy to lie when you text). now if he had said it in person id take him a little more seriously. sounds to me like he just wanted sex, pretty obvious.

believe me, i used to be like that, and pull the same "have sex with her as much as possible since shes breaking up with me trick".

he "texted" I love you, because he thought that it would start a chain of events that would lead to sex.

sry its just the truth...you can never be 100% sure (maybe im wrong).

Source(s): I have XY chromosomes
  • lolly

Awh, poor guy. But I don't blame you, you seem new to all of this. Just try and learn from this. Learn that sometimes guys don't pick up on hints, so you just need to be respectful and honest with them.

Him saying that he was cool with not being with you as long as you are happy ...in guy speak means... I want you! Be with me now!

Men are miserable and moody gits! I should know because i am one. Don't worry you will get used to it as you get older.

He feels totally burned so that's his ego talking

I think he is hurt. He'll probably cry himself to sleep.