How common is the name Alessandra in the UK?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Very uncommon. The only place I have ever heard this name is on yahoo answers.

Alexandra on the other hand is more common, for example, Alexandra Burke and Alexandra (Ali) Bastian are fairly well known celebs with that name.

So, to answer your question, Alessandra is very uncommon whilst Alexandra is the more commonly used name.

Hope this helps! x

• 1 decade ago

Alexandra is more common than Alessandra.

Both are nice names.

• I don't know but in Italy the name Alessandra is much common! I'm an italian girl...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its not that common. I've never personally met an Alessandra, but I've heard of I think 2. Its quite rare here, but not completely unheard of.

Source(s): I live in the UK and travel around it a lot
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't know anyone with the name Alessandra, but I do know a girl with the name Alexandra.

Source(s): I live in the UK.
  • James
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not really. Alessandra is an Italian name. The corresponding British equivalent would be Alexandria.

• Juliet
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think this name is not popular... something like 500# or 600#. I don't really know.

except my Italian friend, I don't know anybody named Alessandra.

• 1 decade ago

I only know one Alessandra. I'd say it's very unusual, but not unheard of. :)

• 1 decade ago

i know a couple of people called alessandra (people nickname them aless or lessy)

i quite like the name

its the italien equivalent of alexandra

• JK.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Not very. Actually, I've never heard it over here,

Alexandra is more common.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.