How common is the name Alessandra in the UK?

Favorite Answer

Very uncommon. The only place I have ever heard this name is on yahoo answers.

Alexandra on the other hand is more common, for example, Alexandra Burke and Alexandra (Ali) Bastian are fairly well known celebs with that name.

So, to answer your question, Alessandra is very uncommon whilst Alexandra is the more commonly used name.

Hope this helps! x

Alexandra is more common than Alessandra.

Both are nice names.

• I don't know but in Italy the name Alessandra is much common! I'm an italian girl...

Its not that common. I've never personally met an Alessandra, but I've heard of I think 2. Its quite rare here, but not completely unheard of.

Source(s): I live in the UK and travel around it a lot

I don't know anyone with the name Alessandra, but I do know a girl with the name Alexandra.

Source(s): I live in the UK.
  • James

Not really. Alessandra is an Italian name. The corresponding British equivalent would be Alexandria.

• Juliet

I think this name is not popular... something like 500# or 600#. I don't really know.

except my Italian friend, I don't know anybody named Alessandra.

I only know one Alessandra. I'd say it's very unusual, but not unheard of. :)

i know a couple of people called alessandra (people nickname them aless or lessy)

i quite like the name

its the italien equivalent of alexandra

• JK.

Not very. Actually, I've never heard it over here,

Alexandra is more common.