Is it illegal to have a relationship with your foster child?

Well the "child" isn't actually a child but a 17 year old but in 2 months is 18. Can they have a legal relationship when she's an adult?

Update:

Im not actually the foster child.

Update 2:

Im just speculating! I came across it one day and wondered whether its legal! Oh and he fostered her when she was 17.

Update 3:

And the foster father is 23

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

To all the people here saying ts immoral and quoting the bible, who the **** are you to judge? Maybe her father adopted her when she was 17 with the intention of being a parent, but once they met it wasn't like that. It was love. Or maybe not, maybe they just want to have sex. Either way, it's up to them and once she's 18 they can do what they want. And no, to the people saying that it should be illegal, the government should not restrict our freedoms based on religon anymore than they already do.

• 1 decade ago

If it's not illegal it should be. A foster parent has taken responsibility for a minor as if that minor was his/her own child. You don't have sex with your children. That's just creepy. Hanna. If you are talking about yourself and your foster father then just don't go there. I hope you are just privately speculating. If you aren't speculating and it's all real than what you plan is something that you will regret in years to come and will colour your whole life. Your foster father doesn't sound the sort of man who should be in charge of a teenage girl. He sounds perverted even thinking about a relationship with you. If you have a crush on him you are just going to have to hide it as best you can and move out of his sphere as soon as possible after you are 18. If this relationship came to fruition, the world will look upon him as a sex offender and you as a silly little girl. Don't go there.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, they can .. shes 18 and wont be in the foster care system any longer..

but what about the morales and values of the foster parent..

what is going on here... ?

it is really sick if you do .. cant she the "child " or "parent" find an interest somewhere else.

this is your child that you've parent...

the state, the county and the city put this person "parent" to care for this"child"

not.. want to have a relationship with.

they need some help.!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

After the age of 18, anything goes. She will be an adult, capable of making her own decisions. Having a relationship with someone you raised is kinda messed up to me.. but yeah, quoting the bible?! lol. A little much. Bible lady, doesn't the bible say, "Judge not, lest ye be judged" or some s*** like that. It's funny how "God's" laws only apply to other people.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Johnny you idiot

Read the Question, "can they have a legal relationship when SHE (the person asking the question is a SHE) is an ADULT

SO if she is involved in any way.. She would be the 17 year old,

• 1 decade ago

You should check the laws in your state, but its my guess that once the child is over 18 anything can happen. Some people will look down on this as immoral though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well yes, But...

If you do.. Your a truly sick phuckin' *****,

So in other words.. You've got a foster child.. and your supposed to be a guardian figure.. Then you go off and he phucks you?

Dirty dirty people.

• 1 decade ago

Bible Verses About Adultery

Adultery is the most condemned of all the sexual sins; it is mentioned in the Ten Commandments, all four Gospels, and ten other books of the Bible. This section hopes to enlighten people about adultery by giving them actual adultery bible verses. A straightforward fact on what is adultery in the eyes of God and not man. Check out other categories: Love, Family, and Children.

Verse 1:

Thou shall not commit adultery.

Exodus 20:14 King James Version

Verse 2:

But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself.

Proverbs 6:32 New International Version

Verse 3:

And a certain ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.'"

Luke 18:18-20 New American Standard

Verse: 4

"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery. 'But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 5:27-32 New International Version

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure. I say instead of looking it up on yahoo answers, look it up on google or something. and ignore all the mean comments, sweetie. good luck :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No,unless sex is involved but i believe it's highly immoral.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.