Toby Gerhart to enter the draft?

As I'm sure everyone is aware now, Stanford running back Toby Gerhart has entered the NFL Draft this year. I think it's a good move on his part, I don't see Stanford going anywhere in the near future. Where do you think he'll end up though? My bet is Kansas City or Seattle.

• Favorite Answer

I think the Seahawks are the best bet. I think the Chiefs have a back they can rely on in Jamaal Charles; who put up great numbers this year.

Even though he's a senior, he had a 5th year of eligiblity because he missed a year for a foot injury.

He'll probably go around the 3rd round. If Shonn Greene didn't go until the 3rd round, no way Gerhart will go much higher. He'll be an effective short yardage back, but he really doesn't have much explosiveness, acceleration or any kind of speed whatsoever.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Detroit as a compliment to Kevin Smith but a team I think that could get him in 2nd round would be the Tennessee Titans. Their primary back is now Chris Johnson but in today's NFL you need 2 RB's and Gerhart would be the "Thunder" to compliment Johnson's "Lightning". LenDale white seems to be irrelavent there and Gerhart would be a solid #2 Back right away.

• .

Seattle would be a good fir for Gerhart, possibly Cleveland just to add some depth with Jerome Harrison. And maybe Washington, if they feel like they need to move forward without Portis.

• eager

Peterson fumbles whilst he gets to many includes. Brett Favre will probable leave and the Vikings will flow returned to smashmouth soccer. they are going to be working the ball approximately 40-50 circumstances a interest... so Gerhart gets good enjoying time. Chester Taylor is long previous additionally so it rather is going to likely be purely Gerhart and Peterson. i think of this p.c.. is nice.

Could be the next Bo Jackson because he is a very good baseball player as well. I think if he goes low in the draft he might not sign and pursue a baseball career. Guaranteed contracts are mush nicer.

I have no idea but who ever gets this guy thats a good pick. He is a great running back, good strength and he runs hard. He reminds me of a Mike Alstott type player. I hope he has success in the league.

• mike d

the patriots are in need of a true feature back and have tons of early picks in this year and next years draft. i think they will land him if he drops to 23rd or through a trade if not.

the texans and seattle would be my other top guesses as where he'd end up

Source(s): inside my head

not that many people saw any of his best games. when i saw the cal-stanford game he ran over them like chickens this kid has talent that many running backs dont have the talent that he has so i think he will be drafted by san francisco

• Ryan

He should be a third round pick. I would say he will probably end up in St. Louis, Arizona, or San Francisco.