My boyfriend n I have our 2yr anniversary this weekend. What is a fab dinner I can cook for us?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best answer

Carpetbag Steaks.

Carpetbag steak is a uniquely Australian dish that was first popularised in Sydney, around 1950.

It consists of an end cut of scotch fillet steak, served standing up like a miniature mountain. Pockets in the meat are made by small cuts, into which oysters are stuffed and sutured with toothpicks. As the dish is broiled, the flavour of the fresh oysters permeates the steak and blends with the juice of the tender meat. A strip of bacon may be wrapped around the serving and surrounded by peeled and browned baby potato halves. In the tradition of Sydney's Byron Bay, the steak is marinaded in a sauce of thyme, pepper, tarragon, lemon, sugar and tamarind and served with a glass of dessert wine. The steak can also be flambed with cognac, when it is called "Carpetbag Maxine style".

Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe/module on

Carpetbag steak

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Baked Halibut with Almonds

Nonstick vegetable oil spray

1/2 cup yellow cornmeal

1/4 teaspoon salt

Pinch of ground black pepper

4 5-to 6-ounce halibut fillets

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter

1/2 cup golden raisins

1/4 cup dry white wine

1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley

preparation

Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Whisk cornmeal, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pinch of black pepper in small bowl. Dredge fish in cornmeal mixture and place on prepared sheet. Bake fish until just opaque in center, 10 to 13 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets.

Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add raisins and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes to soften raisins. Add almonds, lemon juice, and parsley.

Place fish on platter. Spoon sauce over.

• tosten
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

my husband loves italian, i make an exceedingly common, scrumptious meal for him with penne pasta and ragu alfredo sauce, i boil noodles, upload sauce which i upload garlic to, grilled chicken and broccoli then i decrease a loaf of french bread in a million/2 longways and unfold with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt, italian seasoning and parmesean cheese and bake until eventually golden brown. happy anniversary!

• 10 years ago

Start with smoked salmon, then move to crab bisque, finally serve crab cakes with pommes frites and a nice mesclun salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Finish the meal with your favorite ice cream scooped into goblets and drizzle with your favorite topping and garnish with Creme de pirouline

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Do you remember one of the first meals you cooked him that he really really like? He went on and on about that meal, make that one. Or, make his favorite meal and make your favorite dessert. You may also want to start with a simple appetizer, fruit and cheese especially if serving a meat versus a fish dish. I always know my boyfriend appreciates it when I make his favorites, like meatloaf, filet mignon or pork green chile.

• Pagan
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

SHRIMP LINGUINI

Ingredients:

6 oz. linguine (fresh is best)

1 tbsp. butter

1/4 lb. fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced

1/4 C. butter

2-3 cloves garlic, minced

3 oz. cream cheese (low-fat works fine)

2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced

3/4 tsp dried basil

salt, to taste

1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

1/2 C. chicken broth, boiling

1/2 lb cooked shrimp

1/4 C. Parmesan cheese, grated

Instructions: Boil linguini in lightly salted water. Drain.

For sauce: Heat one tablespoon of butter in skillet over med-high heat. Add mushrooms. Saute until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a small plate and set aside.

Heat the 1/4 cup butter in skillet. Add the minced garlic, then stir in the cream cheese.

Allow cheese to melt, then add the parsley and basil. Let simmer five minutes.

Add boiling (or very hot-- the microwave works well for this) chicken broth til sauce is smooth (as needed). Add shrimp and mushrooms and heat through, about 2 minutes.

Toss cooked pasta with sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.

Note: Using pre-cleaned, pre-cooked shrimp makes this easy romantic dinner recipe even easier. But if you have uncooked shrimp, simply clean them and toss them in with the mushrooms to cook.

To make this a complete (and completely delicious) meal, buy a nice herbed fociacca bread and dip it in "Italian butter," which is simply olive oil topped with fresh ground pepper. Yum!

AND.......

STRAWBERRY TIRAMISIU

Ingredients:

2 eggs, room temp, whites and yolks separated

1/4 C. caster sugar (superfine sugar-- you can use powdered)

10.5 oz. mascarpone cheese

1/2 C. whipped cream

15 strawberries, hulled, cleaned, and quartered

1/3 C. strong coffee (espresso is best)

2 tbsp. añejo rum

14 ladyfingers

unsweetened cocoa, to garnish

Instructions: Beat egg yolks with sugar with electric mixer on med-high until yolks are pale and thick. Add marscarpone, beat til incorporated.

In seperate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold cream into cheese mixuture, then fold in eggwhites.

Fold in the strawberries.

In sm. bowl, combine rum and espresso. Dip seven of the ladyfingers into the coffe/rum mixture (don't dip the entire ladyfinger, or it may fall apart), then place them in the bottom of a serving dish.

Spread half the cheese/strawberry mixture over the ladyfingers.

Dip remaining seven ladyfingers in coffee/rum, then place over cheese. Spread remaining cheese over.

Refrigerate four hours (or more), then sift cocoa over and serve. If desired, garnish each piece with half a strawberry.

And pig out! This is one easy, romantic dinner recipe you'll want lots (and lots!) of.

• 10 years ago

Happy anniversary,

Dont cook anything, its your 2 year anniversary, tell him to take you out for a nice dinner.

p.s. rib roast is nice

• 10 years ago

something he will enjoy? what's his fav. meal?

Pasta?

Fish?

Steak?

perhaps steak, twice stuffed baked potatoes and veggies

happy anniversary 2 u both*

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.