I need serious help for becoming a cheerleader?

So I've got two years to get everything down since I want to join cheerleading in high school and I'm only in seventh grade right now. That's plenty of time but I'm still confused on alot of things. I know I need to become more flexible if I want to be able to do the splits, scorpion, and doing all... show more So I've got two years to get everything down since I want to join cheerleading in high school and I'm only in seventh grade right now. That's plenty of time but I'm still confused on alot of things. I know I need to become more flexible if I want to be able to do the splits, scorpion, and doing all those flips and kicks.

The highschool I'll be going to is Rancho Alamitos if that helps, because I've look at videos of their cheerleaders on youtube and they seem really good. At least in my opinion.

First off, I decided that I wanna be a flyer. I weigh about 97 pound right now (I'm twelve years old) and so do I need to loose weight? If I do, I WILL NOT go on a diet. I can stay away from certain foods if you tell me which though. Will crunches and sit-ups help because I'm pretty good at those.

Okay, now for the flexibility part. For the last two days, I've been doing pikes, touching my toes, and I've been doing this thing which I have no idea whats its called. I sit down and widen my legs as far as it can go (which isn't very far). I try to lean in (not flat on my stomache though because I know I can't do that and I might hurt myself if I try) as far as I can for about thirty seconds. Then I reach for my left toe for about twenty seconds, and then my other toe for twenty seconds again. After that, I'm pretty used to that position so then I'm able to widen my legs for about maybe two or three inches and I repeat the process until I can't do it anymore. Will that help my splits? Also, what other stretches can I do, and please don't just give me a name, tell me what to do on the stretch.

Anything I can do to help me with my scorpion because I realized that I suck on it. Badly. Stretches again?

Cartwheels and all those tumbling stuff now, I definitely can't do. But my PE teacher says she'll have a tumbling class in PE next time so I guess that'd help. I can't take any other tumbling classes since I want to surprise my parents when I do try out for cheerleading. Plus, they don't have the time to take me there since they're usually at work. We don't have much space in the house but how can I practice without hurting myself by bumping into stuff?

Now this might seem like a stupid question but, how do you tighten yourself? Like, do you suck n your tummy or something?

At tryouts, what do the coaches look for? Smiles, yep, I know already.

For the uniforms, are you allowed to wear something like shorts underneath?

Lastly, I have some fat on my upper thighs so how do you get rid of that? Besides going to a gym though.

Thanks if you answer and PLEASE DON'T answer if you have nothing helpful to say. Okay, thanks again! :) I just realized that this was really long . . . lolz
Update: I'm not a cheerleader now in middle school because we don't HAVE cheerleaders in middle school where I live.