Am i too overprotective with my child?

I've known the father for 17 years(since high school). Our relationship has been off and on since then, never got too serious. After 3 years of not talking to him, he finds me on myspace, gets in contact with me, and we get together and make a baby! When i find out that i'm prego, i tell him and let him... show more I've known the father for 17 years(since high school). Our relationship has been off and on since then, never got too serious. After 3 years of not talking to him, he finds me on myspace, gets in contact with me, and we get together and make a baby! When i find out that i'm prego, i tell him and let him know that if he wants to be there for her he can but i will not ask at all. During the pregnancy we tried to talk but it always turned into an argument because he didn't agree with my suggestions. I never provoked his violent actions (verbally violent). I did let him know that things would change according to his actions. Be it as it may, he became very temper-mental, trying to stress me out, during pregnancy. Therefore I stopped calling him. He still called me though. His mother chose not to be involved until the paternity test came, I understood, but i still wanted to talk to her for just in case. Long story short, a month ago, the test revealed that he was the father, and now I'm he expects me to stop what i'm doing to allow him to come over. I don't want to keep him away, but i'm living with my parents now, he uses drugs and alcohol, in the middle of the day and while driving, and he has denied my child from the beginning. I believe that he has to earn his privileges since, even after 17 years, we still don't know each other. He has no job and doesn't really live in one place. His mother wants me to hand over the baby for the weekend, he wants to have her alone for hours, but i'm nursing. I don't trust him in my parents house because of his past and the way that he treated me for 9 months. when do i let her go with him or even let him watch her while i go upstairs to do something? i don't know how to let go! even with supervision he cant or won't change the diaper right, hold her right, calm her down when she cries, etc... My baby is 3 months
Update: i have filed for child support, but i'm not trying to take 4 out of the 5 dollars that he has. not trying to get him for all he has. this is my baby. i am a single mother and if i have 2 days off during the week then he cant have both, and he cant seem to understand that. my girl is high maintenance. she still... show more i have filed for child support, but i'm not trying to take 4 out of the 5 dollars that he has. not trying to get him for all he has. this is my baby. i am a single mother and if i have 2 days off during the week then he cant have both, and he cant seem to understand that. my girl is high maintenance. she still wakes up every 3 hours! mama's tired and working up to 50 hours a week, nursing, and pumping! not including the household chores that i have to to, even in my parents house!