Why are men allowed to coach female sports teams but females are not allowed to coach male sports teams?

One of my cousins in high school is on the girls softball team. And their coach is a man. He r sister graduated from college last year and started teaching at the same high school that her sister plays softball for. They needed an assistant coach for the males soccer team and she applied for the job but did not get... show more One of my cousins in high school is on the girls softball team. And their coach is a man. He r sister graduated from college last year and started teaching at the same high school that her sister plays softball for. They needed an assistant coach for the males soccer team and she applied for the job but did not get it. The schools administration staff said they wanted only males to coach the male teams. Why then is it ok for males to coach the female teams?