What's America like??

Hey, I'm from Australia... I was wondering what America is like.... Is is really like it is in TV shows and stuff - whats high school like?, - are stereotypes as big of a deal. - What's the environment like? - Is it pretty good over there? - Do you run into celebs everywhere..?? - so much to ask, so... show more Hey, I'm from Australia... I was wondering what America is like....
Is is really like it is in TV shows and stuff - whats high school like?, - are stereotypes as big of a deal.
- What's the environment like? - Is it pretty good over there? - Do you run into celebs everywhere..??
- so much to ask, so little time... btw... how is Australia portrayed in American tv shows and stuff or if you are from America - what do you think of Australia... just curious.. and bored.

final question - is America a good place to live( considering school,people,security etc)???

lol. for some reason this fell into the category;
Society & Culture > Cultures & Groups > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered