Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Name your favorite album from this decade and favorite lyric quotes?

You can put your favorite to least favorite in order if you'd like but I'll just do how the album was set out

Album: The Killers- Hot Fuss

1. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine

"tell me what you wanna know oh come on, oh come on, oh come on. And then you whisper in my ear "I know what you're doing here" so come on, oh come on, oh come on"

2. Mr Brightside

"Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking your alibis but it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr Brightside"

3. Smile Like You Mean It

"Dreams aren't what they used to be. Some things sat by so carelessly"

4. Somebody Told Me

"Ready? Let's roll onto something new. Taking it's toll and I'm leaving without you"

5. All These Things That I've Done

"Another head aches, another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take and my affection, well it comes and goes. I need direction to perfection......"

6. Andy, You're a Star

"In the car with a girl, promise me she's not your world. 'Cause Andy, you're a star in no body's eyes but mine"

7. On Top(this is just sick but it's catchy)

"In the back, uh huh, I can't crack, we're on top. It's just a shimmy and a shake, uh huh I can't fake, we're on top, we're on top. we bring the bump to the grind, uh huh I don't mind, we're on top"

8. Change Your Mind

"Out again, a siren screams at half past ten and you won't let go. While I ignore that we've both felt like this before, it starts to show"

9. Believe Me Natalie

"Mom says "why don't you stay, you've been away for a long time"

10. Midnight Show

"There's something in my head, somewhere in the back said "we were just a good thing, we were such a good thing". Make it go away without a word but promise me you'll stay and fix these things I've hurt"

11. Everything Will Be Alright(pretty much says the same thing the whole time)

"I'm coming to find you, if it takes me all night. Wrong until you make it right. And I won't forget you, at least I'll try"

Happy New Years

FAVORITE ALBUM:

DAY & AGE - THE KILLERS

Favorite songs: Not only the killers there's also other groups mayb you'd like =D

♫This Is Your Life - The Killers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46pKSylbdSc

Youtube thumbnail

Wait for something better

No one behind you

Watching your shadows

You gotta be stronger than the story

Don't let it blind you

Rivers of shadow

This feeling wont go

♫Gimme Simpathy - Metric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLb6GGm2qFw

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

we're so close to something better left unknow

♫Leave Out All The Rest - Linkin Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBTXNPZPfbE

Youtube thumbnail

WHEN MY TIME COMES

FORGET THE WRONG THAT IVE DONE

HELP ME LEAVE BEHIND SOME

REASONS TO BE MISSED

AND DONT RESENT ME

AND WHEN YOURE FEELING EMPTY

KEEP ME IN YOUR MEMORY

LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST

♫Indie Rokkers - MGMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-ioxtwbvE

Youtube thumbnail

I found blood and i saw stars!

♫Love Always Remains - MGMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyrfzzUTzFk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

If we hold te hand that rapes the hand and everyone can feel the hand and nothing's gonna change, it could be the time we're living in, we'll never feel so safe again, but love always remains

♫River of Break Lights - Julian Casablacas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaaKsg6n8Sg

Youtube thumbnail

We might be in for a late night

Stuck in a lava flow of brakelights

I can hear a rattling bass drum

Driving back to where it came from

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My favorite album is Oracular Spectacular by MGMT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracular_Spectacular

1. Help I'm Alive by Metric

Help, I'm alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer. Hard to be soft.Tough to be tender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTsjX0RTwIc

Youtube thumbnail

2. Blink 182 - I Miss You

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.The shadow in the background of the morgue.The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY

Youtube thumbnail

3. Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

I came across a fallen tree.I felt the branches of it looking at me. Is this the place we used to love?

Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oextk-If8HQ

Youtube thumbnail

4. U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Every generation gets a chance to change the world.Pity the nation that won't listen to your boys and girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJgdXkAqMU

Youtube thumbnail

5. Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

Did I say that I loathe you? Did I say that I want to leave it all behind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXVMCHG-Nk

Youtube thumbnail

6. Lykke Li - Little Bit

Hands down. I'm too proud, for love but with eyes shut

it's you I'm thinking of.But how we move from A to B it can't be up to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upnTg2GPgTM

Youtube thumbnail

7. MGMT - Time to Pretend

I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin, and **** with the stars.You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9GH-yvPHSY

Youtube thumbnail

8.Coldplay - The Scientist

Nobody said it was easy.It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjPrdTNxQ0

Youtube thumbnail

9.MGMT-Kids

We like to watch you laughing. You pick the insects off plants.

No time to think of consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEOZCcaXzE

Youtube thumbnail

10. The Dandy Warhols -We Used to be Friends

A long time ago, we used to be friends but I haven't thought of you lately at all. If ever again, a greeting I send to you,

Short and sweet is all I intend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgrRRNwj7mU

Youtube thumbnail

I thought these lyrics were beautiful and meaningful. I love music a lot. Happy New Years too you as well.

Favourite album: Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance.

1. Helena:

"Can you hear me? Are you near me? Can we pretend, to leave and then, we'll meet again, when both our cars collide?"

2. Give 'Em Hell, Kid:

"Some might say we are made from the sharpest things you say..."

3. To The End:

"If you ever say 'never too late', I'll forget all the diamonds you ate. Lost in coma, and covered in cake. Increase the medication share the vows at the wake."

4. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison:

"Well, they're never gonna get me, like a bullet through a flock of doves... to wage this war against your faith in me."

5. I'm Not Okay (I Promise):

"To be a joke and look, another line without a hook..."

6. The Ghost Of You:

"And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me, for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me."

7. The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You:

"Slip into the tragedy you've spun this chamber dry."

8. Interlude:

"Come angels of unknown..."

9. Thank You For The Venom:

"So give me all your poison, and give me all your pills, and give me all your hopeless hearts and make me ill..."

10. Hang 'Em High:

"Shotgun sinners, wild eyed jokers..."

11. It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A ******* Deathwish:

"The damage you've inflicted, temporary wounds.." (Hence my username!)

12. Cemetery Drive:

"Where the search lights find us, drinking by the mausoleum door, and they found you on the bathroom floor."

13. I Never Told You What I Do For A Living:

"Touched by angels, though I fall out of grace, I did it all so maybe, I'd live this every day."

:]

• Sox

That has to be one of my favorite albums of the decade too.

It's hard to find an album like Hot Fuss now days :(

Probably my favorite (And don't hold me too this) is

Songs- Regina Spektor

1. Samson

"And the history books forgot about us, and the bible didn't mention us, not even once."

2. Oedipus

"Sometimes I'd stand by the royal wall, the sky'd be so big that it broke my soul and i stood on my toes to catch a glimpse of my mother's eyes and my mother's skin"

3. Prisoners

"If Hans Christian Anderson could have had his way with me then none of this **** would have ever gone down"

4. Reading Time With Pickle

"Love is the answer to the question i've forgotten, And I know i've been asked so the questions got to be love."

5. Consequence Of Sound

"The world's got a nosebleed, it said, and we're flooding but we keep on cutting the trees in the forest

and we keep on paying those freaks on the tv who claim they will save us but want to enslave us"

6. Daniel Cowman

"and there was this one lady at the bar and she was trying to buy gin and this other lady at the bar and she was trying to sell gin and it worked out good for the boths of them"

7. Bon Idee

"Don't tell your secrets to anyone because ideas are vulnerable.As soon as you say your idea out loud then it can go and live on its own."

8. Aching To Pupate

"I should peddle butterflies, theres a shortage in the city. I'll stand on a street corner, all mysterious and giddy. When the passes by pass by, I will open up my trench coat, they will see the butterflies dangling like fake Rolex's."

9. Lounge

"You don't know what love is till you see her standing there, a web of skin a nails and hair. A web of skin and nails and hair and hair and thoughts."

10. Lacrimosa

"We keep on burying our dead, we keep on planting their bones in the ground, but they won't grow, the sun doesn't help, the rain doesn't help."

11. Lulliby

"If you often smile but often don't smile, which do you do more often smile or not?"

12. Ne Me Quitte Pas

"And think about how things were right when they were young and veins were tight"

As you can see, I was EXTREMELY bored.

Source(s): Runners up: One world underground, Where are you now? - Metric Get Born- Jet Hot Fuss- The Killers Fires- Nerina Pallot On My Way- Ben Kweller So Sudden- The Hush Sound Girls and Boys- Ingrid Michaelson Is this it- The Strokes

Frances the Mute - Mars Volta

1. Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus

"The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens, A depth perception languished in the night. All my life I've been sewing the wounds but the seeds sprout a lachrymal cloud."

2. The Widow

"He's got fasting black lungs, made of clove splintered shards"

3. L'via L'viaquez

"blackmailed she fell off every mountain, the ones they tightly wrapped in tape.

in her eraser sang the guilty, as it made the best mistakes"

4. Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore

"But the temple is scathing, through your veins they were scaling, through an ice pick of abcess reckoning"

5. Cassandra Geminni

"Perspired the trophy shelves made room for his collapse, she was a mink handjob in sarcophagus heels"

Ensiferum's self-titled (2001)

1. Intro (instrumental)

2. Hero in a Dream: "The snow starts falling in paradise, as he gazes at the stars. He will be born again in the sky, when the night turns into a dawn."

3. Token of Time: "Harvest the field of time with the old man's scythe."

4. Guardians of Fate: "Race with the wind, the night is ending. They will win when the sun is rising."

5. Old Man: "The stars fell from the night sky as he reached his hands in the air. As the sun peeked between the trees, the old man burst to tears."

6. Little Dreamer: "Far in the lands of meadows of fire, deep in forgotten life, memories are drifting away so silently from light."

7. Abandoned: "Nothing seems real anymore as I dive into the sea of lies. I don't understand this sorrow that keeps me sane."

8. Windrider: "He appears from the mists of a dismal lake, and the sky crumbles as he flies through the dimensions alone."

9. Treacherous Gods: "On the vast fields of snow, the wind is blowing strong. With its frozen cold and relentless touch, it leaves a dead and hollow land of ice."

10. Eternal Wait: "I hear your silent cry lost in the rainy night. No reason to live for, one reason to die for."

11. Battle Song: "Hear the sound of swords fulfill the night. Feel the winds of death on your skin. See the arrows fly, flaming in the sky. Hear the screams of men, as they die."

12. Goblins' Dance: "Misfortune and Chaos, Grief and Destruction, the works of dreaming evil and the joy of unholiness. No soul was left alone in the mayhem of the human race."

1. Hard To Explain- The Strokes

"I missed the last bus,I'll take the next train,I try, but you see

It's hard to explain"

2.A Certain Romance by Arctic Monkeys

Well oh they might wear classic Reeboks

Or knackered Converse

Or tracky bottoms tucked in socks

3.C'mere by Interpol

And so may we make time

To try to find somebody else

This place is mine

4.Read My Mind by The Killers

On the corner of Main Street

just try to keep it line

5.Campus by Vampire Weekend

Then I see you

You're walking

Cross the campus

Cruel professor

Studying romances

How am I supposed

To pretend

I never want

To see you again?

6.Young Hearts Spark Fire by Japandroids

Well you can keep tomorrow

after tonight we're not gonna need it

Be there! (be there)

Be down! (be down)

Background, we're too drunk to feel it

7.Don't Panic by Coldplay

Bones sinking like stones

All that we fought for

All those places we've grown

All of us are done for

8.My Name Is Jonas by Weezer

The choo-choo train left right on time

A ticket costs only your mind

The driver said, 'Hey man, we go all the way'

Of course we were willing to pay

9.Knots by Pete & The Pirates

Get out of bed it's the wrong one,

Made out of lead, get dressed instead,

Itch your head and get your shoes on,

Get out of bed and get your socks on,

Sometimes I can't see your face,

It makes me sad

10.Helena by MCR

Long ago

Just like the hearse you died to get in again

We are so far from you

• J

Dinosaur Jr - Farm

Sonic Youth - The Eternal

No Age - Nouns

Atlas Sound - Logos

Deerhunter - Microcastle

Radiohead - Kid A

Albums: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail Black Country Communion - Black Country Black Country Communion - 2 Joe Bonamassa - Black Rock Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl Tracks: Scorpions - Sting in the Tail Joe Bonamassa - Slow Train Joe Bonamassa - The Last Matador of Bayonne Joe Bonamassa - Black Lung Heartache Black Country Communion - The Outsider BQ - Black Country Communion BQ2 - No

LD50 by Mudvayne.

Waking the fallen by Avenged Sevenfold.