Why are Jews allowed to mutilate a newborn child's genitalia?

Just to be clear, all the above acts are despicable, whoever performs them. I just don't understand how it's considered perfectly acceptable & normal to circumsize an infant. What if they cut off labia? Why not clitoris too? Or if the stretched your testes to the other side of your taint & stapled it on... show more Just to be clear, all the above acts are despicable, whoever performs them.
I just don't understand how it's considered perfectly acceptable & normal to circumsize an infant.
What if they cut off labia? Why not clitoris too? Or if the stretched your testes to the other side of your taint & stapled it on your rump??
This is truly Bizarro World.
Update: Like, if i slapped my kids in public, i could go to jail. But if my religion involves cutting off half my son's penis before he's old enough to make a decision himself, let alone defend it...well then that's okay. If Satanists did something like, say, nipple piercing on children, they'd be locked... show more Like, if i slapped my kids in public, i could go to jail.
But if my religion involves cutting off half my son's penis before he's old enough to make a decision himself, let alone defend it...well then that's okay.
If Satanists did something like, say, nipple piercing on children, they'd be locked in cages & traduced by the media.
Update 2: Just to be clear, all the above acts are despicable, whoever performs them. I just don't understand how it's considered perfectly acceptable & normal to circumsize an infant. What if they cut off labia? Why not clitoris too? Or if the stretched your testes to the other side of your taint & stapled it on... show more Just to be clear, all the above acts are despicable, whoever performs them.
This is truly Bizarro World.
Update 3: **After reading several replies after the 1st, i honestly dunno why i ask questions like this.
I should just go ask about Angelina Jolie's stupid new tattoo or the latest Jerry Springer.
Update 4: ***There is no proven health benefit to circumcision. Even if there was, it's done before the individual can even choose.
Seriously, are you people on drugs??