Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

How to do Port fowarding?

i wonder how to do port forwarding with my router.

the isp gives me a cable modem. i connected a wifi router to the cable modem and the wifi router is connected to the computer to provide LAN. so that the wifi router provides both wifi and lan using the cable modem. so in this case pls tell me how to do port forwarding for bit torrent apps.

First of all, make sure you are using uTorrent. (It encrypts so Comcast and others don't know that you're downloading a torrent). Depending on your Operating system... For XP: Go to My Network places, click "Show icons for UPnP Devices". Then after it works its magic, double-click on your router. For Linksys, the default username is admin and your password is admin. Then go to "Applications & Gaming" then "Port Range Forwarding". You can edit it from there.

besides the incorrect IP handle inner (that's not pointing on your pc), you additionally should decide on the two TCP and UDP for the site visitors to forward, until eventually you have a particular reason to forward purely UDP.