I've got a question about the three wise men who visited Jesus anyone care to give your opinion?

So last night I had a strange dream where the name Melchoir appeared to me. Today I Googled it and found out that Melchoir was one of the 3 wise men who visited Jesus, any chance this dream has some kind of hidden meaning. (I'm really not a religious person, and I had no idea who Melchoir was until a couple minutes ago.)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Melchior is a name you might have heard without paying attention to it. The three wise men's names are used periodically, so your unconscious mind may have picked it up.

• 3 years ago

The scriptures do not tricky as to what number kings, shepherds, astrologers universal as clever adult men got here to video reveal the Christ newborn. It in user-friendly terms states the that 3 kinds of presents have been provided by way of them. They presented their presents from their treasures; they presented gold and frankincense and myrrh... myrrh being an exceedingly high priced and expensive fragrance oil. the subsequent false impression is that the clever adult men or astrologers who sought Jesus being led by way of a megastar did not come to Jesus whilst he became interior the manger interior the solid yet by way of the time they got here across Jesus he became just about 2 years previous; the scripture at Matthew 2; 11 states; " and going into the abode they observed the youngster with Mary his mom." be conscious that the scripture did not verify with him as an toddler yet a "newborn"; additionally that they entered into the "abode" that Mary and Joseph now had moved into. They weren't interior the solid the place the interior reach shepherds of the fields got here across them on the night of his start.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dream Dictionary.com

A wise man: this could be your higher self talking to you. You are in need of direction. A wise man is a king of past. He is wealthy and would be a person you talk to for understanding.

Everything in a dream represents you. What was happening in the dream? Can you remember what was happening? You may be seeking guidance about something in your sleep.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Wise men visited Jesus. They were wise enough to know that something more than wisdom is needed in this World. So they visited Jesus. Maybe your dream means that Jesus wants you to visit him also.

Source(s): the New Testament
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Magi of Eastern Religions followed the Star of Bethlehem to Jesus. The Bible did not mention their names. They bowed and worshipped Jesus. In their dreams, God inspired them to avoid Herod on their way back home.

Your experience may be similar to Muslims dreaming of Jesus. Check it out. This fact is now common knowledge from my Arabic friends, books, and internet worldwide. Just by typing the keywords (muslims dream of jesus) in www.bing.com, you will get numerous information on it:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=muslims+dream+of+jesu...

contaning:

http://truthnet.org/dreamsandvisions/

http://net-burst.net/hot/muslim.htm

http://isaalmasih.net/isa/dreamsofisa.html

Books containing dreams where Jesus called Muslims to follow Him including Abraham Sarker “Understand Muslim People” and Daniel Massieh “Traitor.”

Go read the Bible and a church that covers the entire Bible such as Cavalry chapel, and see if that's the dream all about.

• 1 decade ago

The boy's name Melchior \m(e)-lchi or, mel-chior\

is of Polish, Persian and Farsi origin. Likely derived from the Farsi elements "melk", meaning "king", and "quart", meaning "city". From Christian tradition, the name of one of the three wise men, along with Caspar and Balthasar, who brought gifts to the infant Jesus.

Melchior has 4 variant forms: Malchior, Malkior, Melker and Melkior.

A similar name, Melchizedek means King of Salem (Salaam -arabic, Shalom-hebrew, King of Peace-english). Melchizedek also means King of righteousness.

• 1 decade ago

Probably not. Often, dreams are just the subconscious expressing what you heard or saw that day presented in a different manner. "Melchior" could just be random syllables you heard, or an overheard name you forgot. It could mean nothing.

Then again, you can read meaning into anything. In the end, its your choice what you believe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics " You'll see "

"Wonderful world "

"Mary's boy child"

"Those were the days"

Long long ago.

There was three wise men who passes by in the East.

Brought along with them the gifts of life.

With time all those gifts of life was all lost in time.

What's left of it was only " Memory"

Luke 21.30-36

Luke 9.25,55-56,60

Luke 24.44-45,47-48

Exodus 6.8

What do you think?

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't understand why people keep saying that it's 3 wise men, the Bible never specifies how many wise there are...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe that is his spirit trying to send a message about your future or maybe he was trying to tell you about the meaning of Christmas

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.