Why does porn degrade women and not men?

I don't get why people say this. I am always hearing how porn degrades women, women are being used as objects. Okay first off, porn doesn't degrade anyone, if you choose to do porn you are degrading YOURSELF. But if you believe it does degrade women, how can it not also degrade men? well i asked this once... show more I don't get why people say this. I am always hearing how porn degrades women, women are being used as objects. Okay first off, porn doesn't degrade anyone, if you choose to do porn you are degrading YOURSELF.
But if you believe it does degrade women, how can it not also degrade men? well i asked this once before and everyone said "because the majority of porn watchers are men and in the films, women are the ones being objectified" well that is untrue for a start. Half the porn out there is gay porn where young boys and men are the ones being 'objectified' and even in straight porn, how on earth is the woman being objectified and the man isn't? They are both screwing on camera for money. and trust me there are a hell of a lot of women out there watching porn. In fact a lot of porn is designed FOR women and made by women. I think it is a double standard to say it somehow empowers men but degrades women.
I speak as a 16 year old girl by the way surprisingly.

So what are your opinions? Thank you.