Credit CHECK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I purchased a coat from the marisota on line catalogue?

I paid the full asking price with my debit card and did not enter into a credit purchase agreement with this company, I have found the company has run a credit check without my permission. Credit checks create adverse credit conditions to your credit history. I have spoken to customer services about this... show more I paid the full asking price with my debit card and did not enter into a credit purchase agreement with this company, I have found the company has run a credit check without my permission. Credit checks create adverse credit conditions to your credit history. I have spoken to customer services about this unauthorised intrusion into my private life. I have made a verbal telephone complaint to customer services, but was informed this is how they do business. Any ideas as to where I should go from here. I am not happy with the situation, after all if I buy something on other sites e.g. Amazon they do not run a credit check before agreeing to sell me something.
5 answers 5