I cant connect bsnl broad band in the new version of Ubuntu 9.10.. please hlp me..?

I tried to connect ubuntu 9.10 in this way but it not connected.. The way were: Network->Connection->DSL->Connection Name-> Username: Password:-> Apply.. BY doing this process it was connected in ubuntu 9.04. But doing so its not connected in ubuntu 9.10.. Hlp me..

Oh yes dear you can - Ubuntu 9.10 does have a problem to connect to the net through DSL. The soultion is bit tricky see if can follow it. The solution is unofficial. The patch i will be telling u to install is unofficial, so not recomended. But again this is works and connects you to the net through ubuntu 9.10

You need to connect the net through pppoeconf. Then you can have necessary update for Network Manager.

Type at Terminal -

sudo pppoeconf

Now, follow the instructions and put in your connection details. Leave the default values if you are not sure.

Put in your username and password.

To connect, simply use:

sudo pon dsl-provider

To disconnect, use

sudo poff -a

Now open up synaptic and in Settings>Repositories>Other Software Tab, click on Add and then type in the following in the apt line:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/network-manager… karmic main

Step 2 : click on Add and type in the following

deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/network-manager… karmic main

Step 3 :close Software Sources box and click on Reload in Synaptic. Now, mark all upgrades and Apply and when the updates are installed, newer version of Network Manager will be installed and you will be able to connect through DSL Connection.

Note : ppa is unoffical release. Be carefull

I don't think you need to do any thing just connect your bsnl modem with your pc new version of ubuntu 9.10 automatically detect your bsnl connection you only have to configure your number and password given in connection tab.

:)

well other than ubuntu 6.04 I did not find any problem for connecting with ubuntu. and 9.10 is 10 times automated compared to 6.04 you don't have to do any configuration it automatically does all the configuration if your Ethernet card is detected ie eth0 port just check in the wired connections it is visible or not. then you can proceed further better open help page which comes in the installation by default. I have tried Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Alpha, which is even better than Karmic Koala but still in development stage as its due date is 29 Apr 10.

My advice.... Please seek help on answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu we are there to help you

Source(s): Practical Exp

Try this tutorial although intended for Ubuntu 9.04 should work with Ubuntu 9.10

http://ieurope.blogspot.com/2009/06/connect-bsnl-i...

LUg.

Do not try anymore with yourself make complaint to BSNL and let their field person come to support you.