should i post on facebook that im gay?

so i just came out or Mr. Closet (finally) and i was wondering if the people im friends with on facebook should know im gay with a status update (people on there and old teachers, friends at school and parents (they already knew though))

should i post, or should just descretly change my "Interested in" thing to men?

Why does your aunt (who's possibly an person) care no count if or no longer she's friends on facebook with somebody whose political comments she considers severe? Is she frightened of what her different facebook friends will think of of her? this is particularly immature, you recognize? My MySpace friends have all varieties of loopy ideals--they are my friends for different motives. once you're on the edge of her in any different case, you ought to hunt advice from her approximately this project. It seems such as you somewhat do love her, even although you do in comparison to HER ideals. So i might say you may desire to objective to comply with disagree. Being large to her at this component will somewhat confuse her, if no longer the rest.

People will think you're joking or have been hacked if you do that. Just change your interested in to men then when people ask you can tell them. Maybe after you've done that and have people asking you you could ost a status of confirmation to people. :)

• Tee

Dont rush it. I recommend you wait and evaluate. Give it some time. It might not be the best time right now.

you have to make that decision yourself.

you will always be worried about what others think of you if you continue to think that way.

Some of my gay friends wont touch their partners out in the open. Others will.

it makes some of them uncomfortable. others don't care.

nah, as long as your are cool with yourself that's all it matters...I'm gay and people know but i don't announce it.. announcing it like that will only give people a chance to gossip about you.

as a gay man... i do not have it listed on my facebook page..... coming out is not about telling everyone you can think of that your gay... no... coming out is about being true to yourself and those that are most close to you in this life.... its really not about shouting it from the highest mountain top so everyone can hear.... thats childish... everyone doesnt care about it ..... do you really care about sexual preference of your casual acquaintances..... its about being true to yourself

Source(s): congratulations

no i wouldn't if i were you, don't rush into it, best keeping a low profile

I wouldn't recommend it unless your absolutely sure this is what you want.

personally,

i wouldn't open a FB acct.

• that's totally up to you!